Thread: Link Directory for Wordpress Blogs

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise. maxx68's Avatar

I Wonder? Link Directory for Wordpress Blogs

Hello All!

I'm in the process of creating a site and have been searching high and low for a free or paid "Link Directory" plugin or script I can use with my Wordpress blog.

I know there are a few in the Wordpress depository, but they are somewhat flawed and don't always work well.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks - Jay

You don't need to have a directory script that works with Wordpress. Just install a directory script in a sub-folder and add a link to it from the blog. You might put a link in the blogroll, add a link in the footer.php, or edit your header.php to get one to show under your blog's banner logo, or even make a small banner for it and put it on the sidebar using html in your widget text function.

I use the free version of the qlWeb directory. http://www.qlweb.com/downloads/qlWebDS_Free_3.1.0a.zip You can see it in action at my http://videotubedirectory.com website.

This one is available in 4 versions featuring additional abilities as you move up the $ ladder ... and you can compare features here: http://www.qlweb.com/modules.php?name=qlWebDS_Features

I personally like having the script notify me of new submissions so I don't have to check it manually everyday, and I see he has it in the $9.95 version... hmmm, I might just be doing some upgrades!

Anyway -- do post about what solution you end up using and how it's working for you.

I use a free script called Astanda for my directories. It works well, but it doesn't notify me of new submits by email (I think its supposed to, but it just doesn't work).
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

Quote Originally Posted by HunkMoneyLuke View Post
    I use a free script called Astanda for my directories. It works well, but it doesn't notify me of new submits by email (I think its supposed to, but it just doesn't work).
    I was going to mention that one, but the site no longer has the directory information or a script download link that I can find. www.astanda.com

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise. maxx68's Avatar
    Bec & Luke...

Thanks a bunch! I was out today doing yard work thinking..."Why don't I add it to it's own directory?"

I really appreciate the info.

I tried to get the Astanda script before (Luke mentioned it about a year ago), and I couldn't find the download for it either.

I'll check out the other and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again - Jay

PS. I own a copy of LinkX, but its way too much time and effort. I have many projects going on at the same time and....

After setting up several link list type scripts ... my advice to anyone is to pick up a decent script, and keep using the same one. Reason: You won't have to keep relearning how to customize the darn thing!

Oh ... and take extensive notes and keep them in a folder. Note things like what template file gets code added to widen the pages, show a thumbshot thumbnail, or where to change colors, etc etc. Unless you are doing these weekly, you won't remember those kinds of details the next time you set it up.

Yeah I see that Astanda's owners site geekcoders is offline..when did that happen???

Here is a download URL for it from cnet: http://download.cnet.com/ADP/3000-10...?tag=mncol;lst
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com