Thread: new macbook air ads...question

new macbook air ads...question

have you seen the new macbook air ads? I usually mute all ads, but last night I decided to listen to that one. All it says is "Everything we ever learned has come down to this" (while showing off the new form and size) then it says "the next generation of mac books"

Here's my question, do you think that this means the next MacBook Pro laptops will also have that same sleek new look in their next release? I think those are usually released in the 1st quarter of the year, so do you think I should wait till the next line comes out? Or should I just go with the i7 version out now?
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

How long have you been gay?
    Before you buy anything Apple, go to this guide: hxxp://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

In my opinion the Macbook Pro is obsolete compared to what the macbook air is.. go check one out!

I'm not gay; I'm British! gumdrop's Avatar
    Interesting write up:
    news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20020241-1.html

((can't post URL's yet)) LOL!

oh wow, kewl site. Thanks!

So looking at that schedule, I guess we should expect a new MacBook Pro release to be soon as they are already 1 day over their average release cycle:
    Last Release April 13, 2010
    Days Since Update 209 (Avg = 208)
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

How long have you been gay?
    Quote Originally Posted by HunkMoneyLuke View Post
    oh wow, kewl site. Thanks!

So looking at that schedule, I guess we should expect a new MacBook Pro release to be soon as they are already 1 day over their average release cycle:
    Last Release April 13, 2010
    Days Since Update 209 (Avg = 208)
    Yes, I'm sure that site really effects their sales, but why not??? It sucks having a product that's old news, especially with the drastic changes apple makes every update!

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    i opted for the macbook pro 13.3 over the new air and i love it, if you use flash on the new air you cut your battery in half and thats pretty low for a 7 hour battery you need to have that dimmed like crazy to get some good battery life as it is
    Dade Williams

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    Adobe Testing MacBook Air-Optimized Version of Flash Player

Code:
    http://www.macrumors.com/2010/11/17/adobe-testing-macbook-air-optimized-version-of-flash-player/
    Dade Williams

Quote Originally Posted by x0pa View Post
    i opted for the macbook pro 13.3 over the new air and i love it, if you use flash on the new air you cut your battery in half and thats pretty low for a 7 hour battery you need to have that dimmed like crazy to get some good battery life as it is
    Same here. The Air is very cool tech but not up to serious editing tasks. it's also too expensive and completely non-upgradable. I love my new MBP 13 for all those things it isn't.

I do think they will release update MacBook Pros early next year with new SSD technology. They'll probably remove the DVD at least from some models. I would expect that they also make use of next gen chip sets too, with a typical speed bump.

Not sure I'd wait for it, though. I think the other MBP's are pretty good right now.

$.02

yeah when the new updates come it maybe have lightpeak as well as a higher price tag though there is some new intel chips coming out should be interesting

im counting down the days till i get my ipad 2
    Dade Williams

I wouldn't expect lightpeak right away. It seems a little too experimental even for Apple. USB 3.0 I would expect.

jobs shot down usb 3.0 quoting he doesnt see it going anywhere
    Dade Williams

Quote Originally Posted by x0pa View Post
    jobs shot down usb 3.0 quoting he doesnt see it going anywhere
    Hmmm. They sure need something better short term.

USB 3 is apparently very complicated, according to my hardware friends.

hmm do i need 10gbps speed anyway? i mean dont get me wrong would be nice to have really fast communication to external HD but i use firewire and its pretty damn fast ;p:ar15:
    Dade Williams