Thread: Can You Market Anything? Prove It In This Thread

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Yeah Can You Market Anything? Prove It In This Thread

Figured we could have a little fun and also learn something about marketing in the process

With that said below you will find an everyday product that we have all used and more importantly, we all need to buy occasionally.

What i would like you to do is the following.

1) Tell me the reasons WHY i should buy this product over another one.

2) Tell me the BENEFITS of using this product over another one.

3) Make me BUY this product.

Simple enough huh?

Okay here is the product you are trying to sell me:

Regards,

Lee

Dawgy
    lee, i have some cool pics of you. i understand the two twinks and the black guy. but whats with the midget, the peanut butter, and the hamsters? i can post them if you want...

what address did you want those pens shipped to?

Originally posted by Dawgy
    lee, i have some cool pics of you. i understand the two twinks and the black guy. but whats with the midget, the peanut butter, and the hamsters? i can post them if you want...

what address did you want those pens shipped to?
    The midget owned the hamster who was hungry so he fed it peanut butter

Perfectly innocent pics

Nah not interested in the pens at this time

Regards,

Lee

AusCoding Allan
    This is the ultimate in pen technology, it replaces all previous models with the ability to write on whichever angle the pen is being used, great for signing for deliveries when you're leaning on that hot delivery guys clipboard.

You should definitely buy today as once you meet our minimum order of 10 pens you also get free delivery.

This pen also has the ultimate in ergonomic design - this will prevent those awful cramps you used to get with old pens, with the ultimate in latest scientific research applied to this product you will not get writers cramp ever again.

For a limted time you can purchase this pen in almost any colour you require - blue, black, red or custom* colours available on request (*minimum order quantities apply)

This is one of the most useful pieces of equipment available today also great for stress relief, just stick in your mouth and chew with our patented non-toxic ink you are guaranteed safe chewing.

And last but not least there is the child-safe cap with built in air space to prevent asphyxia in the event of the cap being swallowed.

Cheers,

Allan

AusCoding Allan
    Oh and by the way, this is a variation on an exercise i did in class last semester at uni. As a marketing exercise I had to sell ice to eskimos (my class mates) in the middle of winter. You should have seen me, the purchases all ended up being huge

Chris Alan
    Originally posted by ozmalegalleries
    Oh and by the way, this is a variation on an exercise i did in class last semester at uni. As a marketing exercise I had to sell ice to eskimos (my class mates) in the middle of winter. You should have seen me, the purchases all ended up being huge
    I would like to hear your that sales pitch.

Originally posted by ozmalegalleries
    Hehe yeah thats where i picked this excerise up from a few years ago

Its amazing the replies you can get if people actually realize th benefits of it to them

Hell some people say stuff they dont even realize they are saying sometimes

Regards,

Lee

Rainbo1956
    Here's how so many sell shit

FREE SEX
    Get some of yours now!

BDBionic
    The new Bic ballpoint, now with ZERO carbs!

:groovy: :groovy:

Sana Chan
    Have you ever been on the phone with your boss or talking with a friend and suddenly needed to record a number or address but all you have is paper?

Never again!!

Introducing the one of a kind Twinky Pen! This pen is the perfect instrument to copy down phone numbers, adresses, or quickly balance your checkbook while waiting for your order at a restaurant. Never again will you be forced to try and memorize everything said to you, only later to forget some of the most important information!

Our Twinky Pens come in all colors of the rainbow to match YOUR personal style. Purple, blue, or even poka dots! We have a pen for all your color matching needs.

Its sleek shape and style allow for easy storage in pockets, pencil holders, or behind your ear. The ink is non-toxic and its sturdy platic design it safe for the eraser chewers in your family. The lid is aerodynamic for perfect percision when tossing the Twinky Pen to your friend or for playing office basketball!

Our seasonal packages include the Pink/Red Set for Valentine's Day, Green/Red Set for Christmas and our Orange/Black Set for Halloween. And if you are planning a surprise party, look for our "Confetti" set.

Unlike other pens, Twinky Pens are perfect for all occations, personalities, and situations. We want to make your writing experience a lasting one! We at Twinky Pens are commited to YOUR satisfaction!
    Last edited by Sana Chan; 06-23-2004 at 02:05 PM.

Dravyk
    Let's try the TV commercial technique that they do so well with the $159 bottle of diet pills ...

At $30 a piece, this is not for the casual scribbler. But if you appreciate a fine piece of craftsmanship, a state-of-the-art writing device that functions like no ordinary pen. That stands out among the rest, and if you think you deserve only the best, then Premiere Pen is for you.

If you hardly write at all, you don't need this pen. Any run-of-the-mill cheapie will do.

If you don't mind smudges and ink stopping all the time, you won't want this pen.

But if you're someone who doesn't follow the crowd, and to whom effective communications is a mainstay of your everyday business and personal life ...

If you want your signature to be crisp, sharp, authorative, just like you, then the Premiere Pen is the only writing implement you should own.

Top CEOs and business magnates, including Paul Allen of Microsoft, Lee Windsor of GA Media and others all use the Premiere Pen. So does ...

(Mind you, you send a ton of freebies out to these people, then lose the photogs when a few of them use it in public.)

Some great replies so far keep 'em coming

Regards,

Lee

Sana Chan
    Awww, is no one else gonna try?