Thread: Political Debate Discussion - Loaded Question

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Check It Out Political Debate Discussion - Loaded Question

Now i have always had the mindset that for the most part politics shouldnt be discussed on public message forums but for this thread i am going to go against that beleif

So with that said here is my question to you..

How much trust do you have in your government and why?

Im hoping this isnt going to turn into a pissing match as it so often does on other boards and to be honest, i think we have a great bunch of people here so thats highly unlikely to happen but.. you never know

So do you trust your government and if so why? If not, why not?

Regards,

Lee

Sana Chan
    Um....*holds hand on heart*

One Nation, Under Survallience.

Dzinerbear
    I don't trust your government one single bit. It's all become a big power money machine. The guys on top always want to remain on top and they want to be rich, too.

Now in my country, it ain't any better. We've got a Prime Minister who used to own a steamship line. Knowing where he wanted to be, he sold his steamship line so, you know, he could become Prime Minister. Well, who did he sell it to, you ask. I wanted to make sure of my facts so I googled it:

"Martin also came under fire from former Progressive Conservative leader Joe Clark, who charged that the former finance minister [Martin] was in direct conflict of interest when he did not close Canadian tax loopholes for firms like Canadian Steamship Lines that do business in the Barbados. Barbados is a tax haven for foreign companies where they can avoid paying their country's taxes and wages. Some of CSL's subsidiaries are registered in Barbados and pay almost no tax on their profits.

In August 2003, when Martin was running for leadership of the Liberal party, he transferred his interest in CSL to his three sons to try to head off any allegations of conflict of interest. Martin had initially argued that he could run both his company and the government, but critics said shipping is so tightly regulated by the federal government that he would constantly find himself in conflict."

Okay, does this adequately illustrate why I don't trust your government or mine?

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

AusCoding Allan
    I do, they provide me with basic services, they charge tax at a reasonable rate - 30% and I agree with most of their policies - not all.

So yes, I have to say I do trust them, I mean if we didn't have a government we would have anarchy right.

Cheers

Allan