Thread: Not Giving Up!

DigitalJay

Not Giving Up!

I'm still totally obsessed with starting my business, and I'm still not any closer to actually being able to! I have the website done, I've managed to collect a few of the materials and supplies I need, but the main things like .com and hosting, packaging, labels, digital camera, etc are still out of my reach.

I went to ManPower yesterday and tested for 3 hours, only to be told afterward "Well, we don't really have any jobs available at this time." They could have told me that to begin with grrrr. I tested 97% in business skills and 92% in industrial, so I doubt they were lying. I can't even get a fucking job at McDonalds and it's pissing me off. Not to mention I have 20/40 vision and my glasses are history so it would be a serious safety risk for me to work outside of my home and someone would have to drive me until I can get some glasses.

Does ANYONE have any extra work I can do to try to raise the funds? I can do just about anything, from TGP pages to AVS to ad banners, anything, and I can do it cheap and well! My goal is $500 starting capital, if anyone can help me get closer to that goal please post or pm me!

By the way, if anyone was following my posts, the bf's big sister finally left her apt after being evicted, sending her depraved nasty half pit bull out here! It has some kind of nasty problem and bleeds from its back end all the time and scares me because like I said it went crazy from not being fed. So I'm stuck in the house now *groan* Plus those two stray puppies I built a doghouse for won't come out from under the house now, she has bitten them both half to death. Get me OUT of here!

Bell
    where can we see samples of your design / banner work ??

do you write stories ??

do you do written model bio's ??

where abouts are you located ??

I'll see what I can find for you out there - but it doesn't
    appear that there is much available out there right now...

I'll add you to my prayer list Jay...
    hang in there...

hugs from ~Bell

p.s. have you tried the jobs.com site for things local to you ??

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    DJ..

Honestly dude unless you can tell a company more about what it is you are wanting to develop i really dont think anyone will be willing to put up funds for you to move forward on this

In order for you to tell them you will need to have them sign a NDA.

Regards,

Lee

if you can do anything then why not start doing avs sites or free sites or tgp galleries and submit them yourself and profit from affiliate programs?

cheers,
    Luke

DigitalJay
    Bell; I will put some together asap. My hard drive recently crashed so my offline "porfolio" is history, and UGAS free hosting deleted all my work because I was too lazy to go back and fix a rule change I felt was lame on all my sites. I'll do some example stories, model bio's, banners, etc on a sample avs site tonight and post it ok? It's ok if there isn't much or anything to do, but any little bit helps, and the thought definately counts

Lee, the problem is everyone i've talked to would want a partnership of some kind, if that is my only option i'll take it in the end, but I want to avoid giving away part of something that could be huge in return for such a "small" amount of capital. It's nothing compared to most business startup costs, but with a huge potential in my opinion.

Luke, I suppose I will but most of the AVS/AEN I am familiar with don't accept free affiliate content sites, and I don't have any exclusive or bought content. Maybe I should try again to get that 50 in content I won for the 22k post and do something with it.

Dawgy
    google is our friend.

http://www.uiausa.com/Nondisclosure.htm

pick one.
    fill it out.
    email me for fax #.
    fax it to me.
    ill sign it & fax it back.

then we'll talk.

:fracais:

Have you checked into getting a Small Business Loan or looking at the grants that are available for small business ventures? Anyone putting up scratch is going to expect some type of partnership ... if this goes as well as you expect, you can always buy them out in the future.