Thread: I.E. 9 will have anti-tracking protection

I.E. 9 will have anti-tracking protection

Microsoft released an update on their blog yesterday announcing their new i.e.9 feature "Tracking Protection" which will allow surfers to block tracking cookies and beacons, plus will automatically block a set of known tracking sites

Today, consumers have very little awareness or control over who can track their online activity. Much has been written about this topic. With the release candidate:

1. IE9 will offer consumers a new opt-in mechanism (“Tracking Protection”) to identify and block many forms of undesired tracking.
    2. “Tracking Protection Lists” will enable consumers to control what third-party site content can track them when they’re online.

We believe that the combination of consumer opt-in, an open platform for publishing of Tracking Protection Lists (TPLs), and the underlying technology mechanism for Tracking Protection offer new options and a good balance between empowering consumers and online industry needs. They further empower consumers and complement many of the other ideas under discussion.
    This is pretty big news for the adult industry, particularly for those affiliate programs that rely solely on cookies for tracking. Thankfully, programs like NATS track by session, IP and cookies, so it won't have an affect on NATS systems. I am not sure if this is the case for other 3rd party affiliate systems, but I suspect it is.

You can read the full blog news article here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2...ection-v8.aspx
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

I Blog Naked
    What will happen with Ccbill links and sales, will they completely end or will they still work?

This isn't sounding good.
    Please ease my concerns, anybody,
    like a CCbill rep answer would really rock right now.

What do you consider 'good sex'? rawTOP's Avatar
    Sounds like it's time for CCBill and others to move to HTML5 which has the ability for local data (accessed via name/value pairs or SQL).

There's a related article on Search Engine Watch that talks about other strategies like device fingerprinting...

http://searchenginewatch.com/3641622