Thread: Flagged Inactive

I'm not gay; I'm British! gumdrop's Avatar

Angry Flagged Inactive

Why am I getting "inactive" account spam emails?

from who?:pigs10:

Gay WideWebmasters"@neostrata-4.nationalnet.com>

that looks like that email got phished, but I'll let luke know

you are getting those automated emails because your account is inactive. I just checked and your last post was 30 days ago...these automated emails are sent to remind you that we are here and ask that you come back and participate.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

Luke, instead of sending out this "generic I-am-going-to-slap-you message"...why don't you send out a nice newsletter? After all it's an industry board. And why don't you give out some prizes...don't be so cheap.

Hey gumdrop, those messages were setup before I acquired GWW. I honestly don't know where the message is stored as I upgraded vbulletin and the new admin area doesn't show this. I will look into it, maybe if I reinstall that plugin it will overwrite the original email or maybe i can hunt it down directly in the db.

As for prizes, I have already released a number of goodies like the arcade, the blog & tube submitter and the gay.gl link shortening service, all freebies for everyone to enjoy. And over the next few months, I will be adding more business tools and social networking technologies. I think that giving you guys tools, technologies and information is far more valuable than a one-off chance of winning a prize.

...but that being said, I do have plans for some contests and prizes later on, once the new GWW directory and series of add-on sites are released :spin:
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com