Thread: Last Mercury in Retro for 2010

Last Mercury in Retro for 2010

Our last Mercury in Retro for this year begins on Saturday Dec.11th and goes direct again on Dec. 30th.

Be prepared for delays and mis-communications. As this one covers the holidays, be sure to allow extra time for everything! Double check that what you heard is actually what the other person said/meant.

Back up important data. Electronics tend to fail during retro.

If possible, avoid signing new contracts during this time period.

This is a great time to work on projects that you've already started. Update, finish, tweek and/or customize!

Above all else -- RELAX and go with the flow! :cheerleader:

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    seriously things fail or is it just some old wives tale thing? never heard of this *im outtah da looop* :pigs10:
    Dade Williams

Quote Originally Posted by x0pa View Post
    seriously things fail or is it just some old wives tale thing? never heard of this *im outtah da looop* :pigs10:
    Rob Tillet from Astology on the Web has a very in depth article about Mercury in Retrograde that was picked up by AstrologyCom.com, and explains how and why a retrograde affects us. Below are just a few excerpts from the AstrologyCom.com article that you can read in full here.

In general, Mercury rules thinking and perception, processing and disseminating information and all means of communication, commerce, education and transportation. By extension, Mercury rules people who work in these areas, especially those who work with their minds or their wits: writers and orators, consultants, commentators and critics, gossips and spin doctors, salespeople, teachers, travellers, tricksters and thieves. Mercury also has an occult side, so healing, astrology and the transmission of spiritual knowledge are also in his area.

Mercury retrograde gives rise to personal misunderstandings; flawed, disrupted, or delayed communications, negotiations and trade; glitches and breakdowns with phones, computers, cars, buses, and trains. And all of these problems usually arise because some crucial piece of information, or component, has gone astray or awry.

It is not exactly wise to make important decisions while Mercury is retrograde, since it is likely that such decisions will be clouded by misinformation, poor communication and careless thinking. Mercury is all about mental clarity and the power of the mind, so when Mercury is retrograde these intellectual characteristics tend to be less acute than usual, as the critical faculties are dimmed. Make sure you pay attention to the small print!

The key issue here is one of focus. Mercury's retro phase tends to bring unforeseen changes and blockages, but the aggravation and frustration that many of us experience during these periods is often due to our own inability to roll with the punches. Is this due to our ego-fixation?

Mercury sets out to restructure our thinking processes and for many of us this is painful and frustrating. Unresolved issues from the past tend to push themselves forward. Moreover, these experiences reveal flaws in our internal organisation as well as our external planning, which can make us feel foolish and inadequate. Keep your eyes peeled; Mercury's retro period gives us the chance to find out just what has been missed!

Mercury retrograde, like any cosmic aspect, affects people differently, depending on where it hits their personal charts. Some people actually prosper under a retro Mercury, especially if Mercury is retrograde but otherwise well-aspected in their birth charts. I have even heard of some who excel in the way they play roulette under a retrograde Mercury! It is also a time when matters begun under a previous retro period will come to fruition, or completion as the case may be. Firm decisions that have been previously made when Mercury is travelling normally through the zodiac may be implemented or finalised while Mercury is retrograde without too much worry, for experience shows that this can be done without undue problems arising.

.... Under the retro phase, we need to pay strict attention to instructions on how to achieve any physical task or goal, operate machinery, or get to a particular location. Should a practical need for travel arise, be sure you have correct arrangements, tickets, accommodation, car serviced, etc. Check the paperwork. Business transactions lean to the sale or purchase of a vehicle, computers, communications or sports equipment. Education, military service, hair cutting, dental work, or surgery are likely to be under consideration, and close attention should be paid to the timing and details.

Intense and purposeful situations also require close attention, as they arise under this phase. Projects require more than your usual patience and concentration. People can be deeply jealous and vengeful under these aspects, perhaps with truly perilous results; resist any temptation to confront or provoke a hostile situation. Positive approaches include rejuvenating aspects of your life: bringing out your hidden talents; finding new uses for old things; assessing and investing assets of all kinds; and conducting research and investigation, especially concerning the mysteries of science and nature.
    He goes into more detail and specifics, so if you have a few minutes, give the article a full read.

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    just in time for the holidays and all that mercurial traveling, communications, and spending.

and dang I gotta get my car repaired then too.

Hermes, i got your back, take care of me old buddy.

:hook2: Well, Retro started right on cue for me today, hitting my communication abilities with the loss of my cell phone while out getting groceries.

Only bright spot is I am way overdue to do a phone upgrade, and have about 20 different phones I can get for "free" with a 2 year renewal with at&t. I can even get a Blackberry for .01 cent. But I think that's way more phone than I need or want. I don't text, do email or social website stuff, or use the phone as an mp3. I just want to be able to phone home! I do want the hands free ability and the GPS stuff is kinda cool, but it might make my Tomtom jealous!
    :spin:

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    since i read this when it was posted everything kind of has gone bad

drivers side door in my jeep right by the hange on the door cracked and had to be welded, now the alarm is acting strange

noticed people are driving more nuts or is that me?

day work is drying up, thats because of x-mass

land line phone died

web cam hit the floor and broke

computer just locked up for no reaon twice

had a fight with sprint

acid refux come back, got the cost of nexum ouch!

mouse keeps eating batterys??????

car insurnace just went up anther 10.00 again

:kap: :kap: :kap: :kap: :kap: :kap: :kap:

good grief! that's a hell of a lot of things to go wrong over a few days ... :pigs04:

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    did i leave out the monitor, have to press the power switch like a hundred times to get it to work