Thread: Tube Site Software

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise. maxx68's Avatar

Tube Site Software

Hey everyone...

I just wanted some opinions as to Tube Site Software. When setting-up a Tube site, what software do you prefer?

My hosting provider offers several: VidiScript (which I own a license for), PhpMotion, Dolphin, etc...

Also...do you think setting up "fake" tube sites that are niche specific are a better way to go? I have a license for the footer-free version of WP-Tube.

Thanks - Jay

Jay,

I use the JMB product tubeX for my tube sites. I chose this product because first off I trust JMB products and have been using them since their original TGP scripts. And second, they were one of the only tube script makers that offered an unlimited domain license version for a reasonable one-time price of ~$400. I found the script easy to use and perfect for running "fake" tube sites.

I also have a WP site running a tube, but my biggest issue with it is that I can't do scheduling and WP is constantly updating so that site requires a lot of upkeep work.

I have heard some nasty things about VidiScript, mainly to do with hacking and security. Be careful if you use that script, and make sure you research the security issues.

I have all my tube sites running as "fake", ie, loaded with sponsor content only. My main reason for setting them up was for SEO and link trades. They are getting picked up in the search engines and are starting to get nice traffic and some sales....but its taking a long time to get them established.

I would love to hear from anyone else who runs tube sites too!!!
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    im running the new automagick tube script, its pretty good great support - some great new features like pre/post roll banners so the user can click the video to goto sponsor url, built in banner management "good features" premium section, < zend per domain licenses

i also run tubex good script, ive bought per domain

i also have a fake tube its like a tgp script but tube style.. from mechbunny - unlimited unencoded << could use way more features

i cant stand the wp tube thing i have a copy never use it and i agree with luke wp too much updating i want something that just goes autopilot so i can get other stuff done:pigs14:
    Dade Williams

I really am loving the JMB TubeX script. Just a couple quirks that I haven't quite figured out yet, but overall it's quick to setup and load up, and it is easy to customize the template for colors, additional ad areas and header-logo.

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise. maxx68's Avatar
    Thanks everyone for your replies. I have been reading some really shitty stuff about VidiScript so that definitely is a no-no.

I like JM Soft's products and Jeremy is great at support, but I am NO techophile and sometimes trying to learn how to utilize the scripts to their fullest is a bit much for me.