Thread: Lots of Phising Emails This Week

Lots of Phising Emails This Week

I've had a slew of emails trying to scam me into entering my account information (Paypal, ChaseBank, etc) this week. The crooks are sure out in full force.

How about you guys ... are you seeing an increase in this type of mail?

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Actually, since you mentioned it.
    One of the guys in the office just got a new cell. He's been getting these phone calls from hang ups. They show a Colorado number.

Finally, he got tired of it and kept calling the number back. He and I were sitting together yesterday and a little old woman answered and they talked.....

Shortly after the number called again and Bryan answered.... It was a guy, sounded as if he was from India. He was telling Bryan that the subscription he ordered was undeliverable at the address where it was supposed to be delivered to. Apparently a work out machine or something. So anyways, the guy wanted Bryan's credit card information, billing address, and shipping address again.

Bryan said wait a minute, I never ordered anything. The guy hung up on him instantly.

Well the little old lady he talked to... She said it's a scammer. He's spoofing his number to the little old lady. We felt so bad for her. She's getting all these return phone calls and stuff. My heart goes to her. Nobody needs that especially this time of the year.

So I guess that's the new thing coming now.

Yes, I have noticed a lot more of my "accounts" have had their passwords changed and they are saying the verification email has been sent to the new email, so I have to hurry up and click on "shady, scammy link disguised as real link" immediately to stop the transfer.

But, wow, spoofing phone numbers...now that's a new one!
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

I hadn't heard you could spoof a phone number .. that really sucks. If she tells the phone company what's going on, I'm sure they'd give her a new number for free.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I would just hate to be in her shoes.

Oh yea, you can spoof your number easily through different sites.

Prankdial.com is just one of them.

language is my whore, my mistress, my check-out girl. conran's Avatar
    I very rarely get any, but had a PayPal one a couple of days ago. It wasn't even convincing.
    Tips for adult blogging: Adult Affiliate Blog
    Add Another Income Stream: Sell Adult Toys
    Fleshjack, Butt Plugs and more great Mens Sex Toys from a UK Men Only Shop
    Primary business: Gay Content Writer