Thread: Don't Ask Don't Tell Repeal Passes Senate!

Don't Ask Don't Tell Repeal Passes Senate!

After months of fits and starts, a bill repealing "don't ask, don't tell," the ban against gays serving openly in the military, passed the Senate 65 to 31 on Saturday. Eight Republicans -- Sens. Scott Brown of Massachusetts, Susan Collins and Olympia J. Snowe of Maine, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Mark Kirk of Illinois, John Ensign of Nevada, Richard Burr of North Carolina, and George Voinovich of Ohio -- joined 56 Democrats in support of the measure.

-------

It's about time!!! Yahoo!!!!!!!!!

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    its about fing time, but now the real fight starts for gay marriage

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I was watching this at the car workshop on CNN. Don't even get me started.

This gov't is so corrupt sometimes. It's almost 2011. It's about time. And so what if there's gay men or in their terms "homosexuals" serving the country. What should it matter to anyone. They are there to serve the country and protect it. Not to hanky panky, wear dresses and high heels, and all that other crap. Whether your gay, straight, bi, questioning, etc. what should it matter to them.

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    PFLJADEN
    This is a mile stone in gay rights in this back wood country. I have been in a fight for over 6 years now to get a bill passed called the Uniting American families act, or the new immigration reform act passed. You have to understand that this country is controlled fully by the church, the college of bishops, and the hate groups called the republican party or tea party. Did I leave out Fox news and CNN that put a spin on everything that is gay or has to do with immigrations.
    Just to show you how f—king lame this country is they shot down the dream act today. maybe somehow all the webmasters that own gay web sites schold start pushing gay marriage?????????

I agree that its good to see this legislation repealed, but I also agree that its rather silly it still exists in today's world...after all, gay rights has moved on to legalized marriage, yet the military is still pretending that there are no gay people in their ranks????

But, yeah, like I said, its good to see it repealed
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

there is no gay marriage in usa

language is my whore, my mistress, my check-out girl. conran's Avatar
    The fact that this has taken so long displays the crazy power the religious have over government.
    The people have consistently shown that they are more open-minded and intelligent (in most cases), and yet still the basic idea of equality in a so-called free country is such a struggle.

Freedom and Liberty for all? Not as long as you have groups able to influence government in contrast to general public opinion.
    Tips for adult blogging: Adult Affiliate Blog
    Add Another Income Stream: Sell Adult Toys
    Fleshjack, Butt Plugs and more great Mens Sex Toys from a UK Men Only Shop
    Primary business: Gay Content Writer