Thread: yup...another wordpress security update

yup...another wordpress security update

From their website:

3.0.4 Important Security Update
    Posted December 29, 2010 by Matt Mullenweg. Filed under Releases,Security.

Version 3.0.4 of WordPress, available immediately through the update page in your dashboard or for download here, is a very important update to apply to your sites as soon as possible because it fixes a core security bug in our HTML sanitation library, called KSES. I would rate this release as “critical.”

I realize an update during the holidays is no fun, but this one is worth putting down the eggnog for. In the spirit of the holidays, consider helping your friends as well.
    so get your WP blogs updated asap! I have started and will report back once completed.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

i just completed all my WP blog updates via the auto-update feature in WP admin, all worked fine.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

:pigs12: Ah, you obviously woke up before me and saw the email from Matt. I'll be updating mine in a little while too.

I am new here
    wordpress have so many updates all the time. is this the best tool for blogs?

Of the programs out there, if you're only running one or a handful of blogs, then yes, it's the best way to go. Tons of support, plugins, tools, themes etc are available with a simple search in google, or wandering around Wordpress. If, however, you wish to build an empire of blogs and splogs ... then I'd recommend you invest in Blogs Organizer.