Thread: Win $100 AND Get Paid In This Thread !!

I'm A Confirmed Trisexual CuriousToyBoy's Avatar

Win $100 AND Get Paid In This Thread !!

Okie dokie, here's the whack.......

Of late, we have been taking constant requests from our webmasters for special and different sized banners for many of our sites.

As those who made the request would know - those banners have been supplied and are now available in the Curious Cash members area for all to use!

So for webmasters of ours who want something different, or those who have some time to kill and are good at the banner design game (or even if you are not and need the practice !), we are now asking you to design some banners for any and/or all of our sites and submit them to Curious Cash to win !!!

The winner of the best banner (as decided by Webmaster Dan) will receive $100.00.

[/I]But here is the best thing.....[I]

If you submit banners, and we decide to use any/or all of the ones you submit, for any and/or all of our sites, we will pay you for EACH one of them !!
    * $5.00 per static banner
    * $7.50 per animated banner or half page advertisement
    * $10.00 per flash banner or full page advertisement

So what's the catch? ONLY Curious Cash Affiliates are eligible to win and/or be paid, but REMEMBER, just by joining you get an entry into our Webmaster of the Year competition - a free trip to Syndey Australia for the 2005 Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras !! If you are a webmaster from the Southern Hemisphere you can even elect to swap that for a trip to Florida Internexxt 2005! You do NOT have to send ANY joins to stay in the draw!!

Click Here To Join Curious Cash now and qualify !

Competition rules are as below:

Rule #1 Competition is open to all Curious Cash webmasters and entries should be sent to banners@curiouscash.com no later than 31 June 2004 (next Thursday !!). Please attach all banners as attachments and provide a summary of banners submitted in the email text, with your name, Curious Cash Affiliate ID and PayPal or Bank Wire details.

Rule #2 You must ONLY use our images licensed to you for the sole purpose of manufacturing promotional banners for this competition. These images can be sourced from the hosted galleries, or if you need more please email webmaster@curiouscash.com for temporary access to the site you are designing banners for.

Rule #3 There is NO limit to how many banners you may submit - in fact we encourage you to make as many as possible for as many of our sites as you can ! The more we use the more you get paid, and the more chances you have to win !

Rule #4 Winner selection for the best banner and banner selection for use in http://www.curiouscash.com is at the sole discretion of Curious Cash, and no correspondence shall be entered into.

Rule #5 Payment will be made by either bank wire or PayPal at the discretion of Curious Cash.

Rule #6 Winner and successful banner submissions will be published in the Curious Cash Webmaster Update of 9th July (and here of course!).

Alright. So what has the best chances of getting selected so you get paid for your work ?

Let me give up some hints....

Insider Tip #1 What sites should I do banners for? We have quite a few new sites, banners are a bit thin on the ground for them, but yet again maybe some of the more established sites could use some new ones.... check out our current banner list, find some areas you think could be added or done better, but remember, others may think the same... Hmmmmm. Basically, it doesn't matter WHICH sites you do, if your submitted banners cut the mustard, they will be selected and you WILL be paid. Do what suits you best out of our 22 sites !

Insider Tip #2 Should I do static banners, or maybe animated or flash? We have NO flash banners presently. Go figure. We have a few animated, but maybe your angle is better? If you do static, maybe clean and simple is better than bright and busy... again, be creative as there are NO limitations here either.

Insider Tip #3 What sizes should I concentrate on? Now on this we can give some more specific hints on how to best maximize the return on your effort ! We do specifically NEED banners in 120 x 60, 500 x 80, 480 x 80, 120 x 180, 125 x 200. For half pagers go with 400-500 x 200-300. For full pagers go with 600-700 x 400-500. Odd size banners and verticals and buttons are also encouraged. If you submit "standard" banners they would usually be 468 x 60 or 468 x 90. Do what would suit you, but bear this in mind to ensure you make top bank.

Insider Tip #4 We need LOTS of new banners, so there is NO limit on how many you can submit or how many we will pay you for! The more the merrier.

Questions? Contact us. Good luck and get cracking ...........

Curious Cash "Design a Banner" Competiton extended by 2 weeks !

Win $100 for Best Banner and get paid for entries.

Original details: here

Extension details: here

Bell
    I wish I had graphic skills...
    this would be fun to do...

~Bell

p.s. I do have a whore in training though - that is GOOD
    with graphics... hmmmmm.... hint... hint...

Scorpio
    Thanks Bell but i'm not an affiliate plus i'm already booked for the next weeks... but thanks hon for thinking of your favorite Ho LOL
    Good luck Curious Cash

Bell,

Like Scorp needs the cash now anyways....

He he

j/k Scorp

And nice try...

BTW, my lawyer is a good guy, but just travels a lot (on my retainer I would expect) things will happen soon

:bandana:

OK.

Thank PF @ Netpond for this idea on our banner competition (this post is going on all the boards!).... My mind was on an early comment from CJ @ Oprano about transparency, and PF's idea crystalized the solution in my mind.

We were ALWAYS going to post results in this thread, but this goes one step further.

Also, there has been some scepticism about who will get paid for what and whether in fact people will get paid for worthwhile work.

So, here is what we propose to do:

A couple of days after the close of the competition (we need a couple of days to sort through the final entries), we will post a link to ALL the banners submitted, INCLUDING notations of what will be used (and therefore paid for) and what won't (and therefore won't be paid for).

Remember that submissions close on Wednesday 14 July.

This will help people on a couple of levels:

- Let them compare what is an acceptable quality banner to what is not considered acceptable quality, allowing them improve their work and get better at the things they do.

- Show EVERYONE, entrant or not, that Curious Cash stands by it's word, ALWAYS, and allow feedback here in PUBLIC on the boards (we are always open to questioning because we run an ethical business and don't mind bthe scrutiny at all). It in all likelihood won't change our decisions at all (it is our check book we are opening, NOT yours), but at least EVERYONE can be confident that we at Curious Cash are ALWAYS good to our word.

- It may help some people get some work from others. That cannot be a bad thing - exposure is good marketing!

So for those of you who nhave submitted a couple of samples and gone no further, or wanted to have a go but have had second thoughts, you still have a week now to get on in for your share!

See the first post and subsequent posts from me in this thread if you are a late starter and want to know the full whack.

DigitalJay
    I submitted 87! Now THAT was some work!

Even if I don't win, if it's ok with ToyBoy I have a nice portfolio of banners to show off now hehe.

Originally posted by DigitalJay
    I submitted 87! Now THAT was some work!

Even if I don't win, if it's ok with ToyBoy I have a nice portfolio of banners to show off now hehe.
    Absolutely no problem with that Jay.

Link to submissions will be posted here after announced in webmasters newsletter.

And cash to you forthcoming soon after that :-)

Bell
    I can hardly wait to see all the submissions...

good luck DJ...

~Bell

Originally posted by CuriousToyBoy
    Absolutely no problem with that Jay.

Link to submissions will be posted here after announced in webmasters newsletter.

And cash to you forthcoming soon after that :-)

OK, you may already know that Jay was the winner folks, but as originally promised folks, in our latest update you can find the links to the full results of the banner comp:

Click Here

:biker:

Scorpio
    Congratulations Jay