Thread: Help needed with video encoding

On the other hand.... You have different fingers

Help needed with video encoding

I am looking for a different way to encode scenes from a DVD.

Initially, we imported the video using Roxio Media Importer. It would encode the video from the DVD in a MPEG-2 Format. Unfortunately, some quality was lost.

Another way we've done it is putting the DVD in the computer drive, using sony vegas and another to basically edit the DVD splitting the scenes and outputting them as an AVI file then running the AVI through sorenson to get the formats we needed (FLV, WMV, QT, etc.) But doing this, you occasionally get squiggly lines on the screen of the video that run throughout variations of the video (primarily when the camera was close to the penetration). This was before running the AVI's through Sorenson.

Is there a different route that we can take?

Do you have a Mac? We use all Mac programs for our video editing, I believe its become the standard for video work now.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    No, we're all on PC's.

I actually tried this program: http://www.winxdvd.com/dvd-ripper/ It seems to do really well. I even think it produces better quality than what we were producing before.

I checked with Ben and we use Final Cut Express on the power mac for video work.

Glad you found a good PC option
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely
    Vegas is a great option and it has some presets under batch rendering that are excellent.