Thread: Firefox 4 beta 10 released

Firefox 4 beta 10 released

Firefox 4 beta 10 has been released and Mozilla is saying this is pretty much the exact code that will be used for their RC build, then finally pushed out as the official Firefox 4 in Feb.

The new version of firefox will come loaded with the JaegerMonkey Java script engine plus other hardware accelerators and 3D graphics extensions, and is built on the Gecko 2.0 web platform.

I am looking forward to the new version, but I am waiting until the final code is released. Are there any brave souls that are already running the beta? If yes, let us know how its going.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

Not yet, but I did see something about Explorer will be coming out with ver.9 any day now. I'll be interested to see if they've smoothed out the beta issues.

From an article at Ars Technica
    "The IE9 public beta, released 4 months ago, requires four hotfixes before it can even be installed, but the browser's installer supposedly takes care of everything for the user. It's not clear whether Microsoft will have the final IE9 installer roll out SP1 to Windows 7 users, but given the company's history, the software will likely spit out an error message and fire up Windows Update for users to get SP1 themselves. Testers got their first Windows 7 SP1 beta build seven months ago, but the final version won't come out until the first half of 2011."

Web Designer For Hire
    I had tested it on a virtual pc, and yes it's a lot better/faster than the previous betas and the current ff 3.6.*

~can't wait for the RC build...