Thread: Chrome 9 debuts

Chrome 9 debuts

Google released version 9 of its Chrome browser this week, which includes the WebGL standard for 3D hardware acceleration, the new Chrome Web Store, and Chrome Instant (a new tool that loads web pages as soon as you start typing into the browser's address bar, based on Google's Instant Search feature).

The release schedule for Chrome has seen a new version being put out every 6 to 8 weeks, as Google prefers to think of Chrome as a constantly evolving browser. All current users of Chrome will get auto-updated (there is no choice), but if you are not using it yet, you can download it from google.com/chrome.

Is anyone here using Chrome? I use firefox as my primary and I.E. as a backup browser, mainly for testing purposes. Stats show Chrome's popularity is rising, should we install it for testing purposes too?
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely
    Yep, i use Google Chrome though not as a primary browser. Primary is Opera for me. But Chrome also works pretty well and for me it seem to work faster than I.E.
    DIAMONDGAYS.com - fresh twinks and best ratio! Highly recommended!

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    left firefox almost 2 years ago for Chrome and don't plan on going back. I keep a couple dozen tabs opened, Firefox brings every down with it if I do that.

How long have you been gay? juicyads2's Avatar
    I just downloaded Chrome and use it a fair amount. I like it so far. I've given up on IE and have been using Firefox for a long time now.
    Caryl
    Client Services - JuicyAds.com

email:Caryl@JuicyAds.com

Do you guys do any web site testing at all? I do feel it is extremely important to test sites using the browsers that the majority of surfers use, that's the main reason I still use I.E. and Firefox.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

I am new here
    I like firefox the new version is very fast and stable. Should I try this chrome too? maybe it is faster?

I'd rather be whole, than good Evil Chris's Avatar
    I split my time between IE and Chrome. I hadn't heard of this update, though.
    I'll have to check it out.

For those wondering, I mainly use IE because most of the rest of the world does, and I need to see what they see.

Our Experience Payze
    chris at payze.com | ICQ 342827

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    IE9 RC is out today and it's pretty good. They still have stuff that annoy me but so far so good

Chrome 9 I found yesterday, has Flash built into it, so if you'll have to wait for them to update it, can't move to 10.2 if you want or downgrade to a different version

I'm not gay; I'm British! daedal's Avatar
    I have used Chrome since it was first in beta and love it, however Firefox 4 64-bit beta with Adobe Flash Player Square makes super fast surfing on a 64-bit machine, until Chrome actually bother to launch a 64-bit browser I won't be going back to it.