Thread: google plans for new iTunes type service

google plans for new iTunes type service

So the rumours are flying around that Google is now planning an iTunes type of music service for its Android phones and o/s. Two weeks ago, Google did the official release of Android Honeycomb (version 3.0 of their mobile o/s), which supposedly supports the new music service. And, this week, Motorola's CEO Sanjay Jha said "If you look at Google Mobile services today, there's a video service, there's a music service ... that is, there will be a music service."

I think if anyone can pull off an iTunes competitor, its definitely Google. Android is hitting the mobile market big, and Android phones are now very attractive alternatives to iPhones.

Do you use iTunes for music purchases right now? Would you switch if Google offered a new service?
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

I'm not gay; I'm British! daedal's Avatar
    I think that's a great thing, iTunes is so restrictive, Google is known for making things user friendly, so releasing an Android music store will ensure you are not restricted to using just the Android program other programs apart from the official one, will be able to play the music etc.

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work. webnet's Avatar
    you have tried spotify? after use spofity I never use again itunes :-)

no i haven't tried that one. I just went to spotify.com and its giving me a message "not available in your country".

I can prolly work around it with proxies and such, can you tell me more about it? Is it a free or paid service? Does it have big names or is it like last.fm where its all unsigned bands? Does it have a good variety?
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    2 months ago, Google rolled out its Google Books library. It is a search engine for books, as well as a place to buy downloadable eBooks (ePubs).

I spent 2 weeks uploading my catalog to it...

http://books.google.com/ebooks?as_br...k+baer&as_sub=

So in a way, that was an early incarnation of what Google could do with music, and hopefully also video. The iTunes store has ePub books, but I haven't yet had success uploading to it.

Google is simple... it took me 2 weeks because I have 285 book titles.

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work. webnet's Avatar
    spootify have both, paid and free.

when is free you'll hear publicity between songs (like a radio)
    when is paid is without publicity or banners in the site, you have access to all music (streaming), also you can download the songs but still I not tried, why have the songs in the computer when you can stream the content? also access from your cell phone, so you can use spootify like an ipod :-)
    prices are very cheap, have 2 plans, 4.95 or 9.95 /month
    I think services like spotify is the future