Thread: Hello All ....my next step?

How long have you been gay?

Hello All ....my next step?

Greetings. I wanted to say a quick hello to everyone. Though I never introduced myself before, I have already learned much about how this industry works. I have always been fascinated with the business side of the industry and would seriously consider going full time into it once I am more comfortable with the finances etc.

As it is now, I am a photographer who has worked with variety of next-door collegiate guys. Yes and I have all the legal paperwork and age documentation of course! I really dont know what to do with the images at this point as been researching exclusive, non-exclusive and license rights. They have never been released and I still dont know if I want to. But some of these guys want me to take them to the next step so I would be interested if some of you would share a logical, smart next move.

Oh and final silly question - why does everyone use ICQ here? I sort of wondered that for some time.

Thanks so much.

HI, alterego and welcome to the forum. Glad you have found some info already and I hope we can help you along the way too!

For your content, I think you have a few choices. First, you can create your own site with it. Creating your own site entails a lot of work and will require that you have a good large library of photos and videos before you start (like at least 50 videos and photosets) and will require you to create a site, get billing sorted, figure out advertising, possibly setup an affiliate program, etc...

A second choice may be to try to find a partner and have them run the site while you supply the content. Once again, you will need a base library of content and will have to constantly be producing additional content. But at least with this option, you can leverage someone else's expertise with the website part of the business.

Finally, selling your content (either exclusive or non-exclusive) is prolly the easiest solution, especially if you can get hooked up with an existing site who needs a constant stream of new content. This solution would allow you to focus all your time on content production. Selling content can also be as simple as putting up a thread in our content section when you have new stuff to sell.

So really, it comes down to what you would like to do. Do you have a preference on what type of work you want (or can) do? Maybe if you give us some further info on your thoughts, we can help with suggestions on how to proceed.

Oh..the ICQ thing is because ICQ was the original instant messaging client and it got adopted as the default...and I guess we never really upgraded :-)
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    One of our companies is Amad Media Distribution. What we do is distribute the content for the producer. We work with 16 VOD companies, DVD retail stores both online and offline, we also manage paysites for a couple other producers as well (updating, marketing, support, affiliates, hosting, billing, etc.)
    We always have room for another video producer.
    You can read more about us at AmadVideos.com We offer stats reporting. Checks are mailed bi-weekly.

Per licensing your images, I could point you in the direction of some good guys such as:
    AdultSexContent.com (They distribute our content for paysite purchases)
    GayAdultPhotos.com (Truly fabulous people!)
    and a couple others (that we buy from)

We could also look at your content, perhaps we could buy non-exclusive rights from you.

How long have you been gay?
    I want to thank Luke and Jayden for thier very hellpful replies. I think best option is to see if anyone else is interested (and who has the knowledge) in perhaps setting up a content website. If not, I may do what Jayden and Luke suggested and work with those who have established sites.

So if anyone else is interested then let me know. Oh and thanks for the icq info - i had a hunch that the reason you gave would by why.