Thread: Using a wordpress blog as a paysite?

On the other hand.... You have different fingers

Using a wordpress blog as a paysite?

I came across a site a while back, it was a paysite.

It was using a wordpress theme for a paysite. You could purely tell it was a blog template. I thought the concept was pretty cool though. I thought I bookmarked the site, but I can't seem to relocate it to share.

They embedded the video previews with flowplayer. They're members area was just basic HTML. One page for their videos (thumbs and title), and one page for their image sets (thumbs and title). A third page for all the feeds.

What do you think about that? It's something we're looking into if we can find a good theme for it .

Just thought I'd see what you guys think on it.

I'm not gay; I'm British! daedal's Avatar
    Sounds like a lot of hard work to update it and make it into a proper site, probably not bad for an amateur type site, but a proper paysite not sure how easy it would to expand over time.

I would assume its sort of a base idea for a custom designed site, use wordpress as the database then program and write the pages yourself. There's probably easier options in the long run for doing something like that, like using Joomla for example.

I am unique, just like everybody else.
    Mormon Boyz uses WordPress as a CMS.
    I am changing my site to a WP bases but it's going to be a while before it is ready to show.

To Daedal:
    Yes, it is does look amateur and it is a (very) amateur site. However, it is still easier than doing all the html by hand as I was before and updates will take 1/3 the time. Right now it is redoing all the videos and adding more text descriptions that is taking so long.

I would not recommend this as WP is insecure and is not meant to do the job, its a blog tool not an adult site CMS!

If you are looking for an affordable CMS try awiz, or if you need a kick-ass one try elevatedX
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

I use Elevated X. It's a lot more expensive and complicated than Wordpress, but it works well. The guys there know what they're doing. The two features that sealed the deal for me were 1) I can schedule updates and 2) transcoding of my videos (including Flash). Not being a programmer, it was challenging for me to get started with, but worth the learning curve.

Robert Chandler
    Fantastic Foreskin
    Affiliate site: Fantasticforeskin.com/affiliates
    Twitter: @FanForeskin | Facebook: FantasticRobertChandler

Nightcharm was the first ever blog/paysite combination I'd seen ... and that was over 6-7 years ago! He has changed the theme, but the essence of what he has created is still very evident. His http://www.ncinnercircle.com/ looks to be using something other than Wordpress, and I don't know the details of why the change.

Any whoooo -- If anyone is serious about using Wordpress for their CMS, this Paysite Plugin might be a viable solution. (yes, it's free)

I've got more gay in my little pinky, than you have in your entire body
    We were thinking about ElevatedX but now customizing MediaCore instead. It's an open source CMS and works and looks beautifully, once running. But it is a nightmare to install. Making it work with Strongbox proves a bit of tour de force as well but we're almost there. :-)
    Bert

TwinkPay