Thread: what do you think of GayAdPros ?

How long have you been gay?

what do you think of GayAdPros ?

Hi,
    I'd like to know what you think of that site.
    I tried it 5 minutes, and then i did some quick maths and remove all links.
    The system is great, and pridebuck did a great job, but the prices are too low to be interesting.

Most PayPerClick links are between 0.05 ans 0.10$/click.

Now if I compare with the banners with my affiliate code that i place on my sites :
    My average convert ratio is 1/500
    Let's start with a 35$ commission which is my standard.

35$ every 500 clicks sent to the sponsor, that's a 0.07$/click value. So if i sell my space below 0.14$, i lose money (GayAdsPros keep 50% of the sales). I check lots of publishers and none of them sell over 0.10$/click.

If i use banners provided by the sponsor, my CTR is generally below 0.5%, because the banners are often bad designed and far too much exposed to catch the eye.
    If i create my own exclusive banners, i get between 1-4%

Now considering that most sites buying ad space use bad banners, with a very low CTR, I lose far more money because instead of selling space to bad banners with low CTR using the payperclick price, i could have used my own exclusive 1-4% CTR banners and get more money from them.
    And the PPC price is a bad thing for the publisher, but a very good one for the buyer, who doesn't need to improve his banners.

So i don't get it. What so many sites use the system and sell their ads at such a very low price ? Haven't they just done the math ? Is my math wrong ? Am i missing something ?
    I'm starting to think i should rather buy banners there rather than selling my space.

Maybe I can get them to pop in here and respond.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

Looking for content ;)
    I tried them back about a year or so and must admit they did ok for the most parts but in the end i simply stopped using them on my site as i figured i was better of just doing the normal advertising from a money standpoint..

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I messaged Steve to post here.

We work close with the PrideBucks team. We do dinner with them every couple months. I can honestly say they will not screw you. They're as genuine as they can get. They're very wonderful people there.

We've worked with them for close to 9 years. Never once any problems.

I would honestly say go for it. They're just awesome guys.

And no, I don't earn brownie points with them haha. Just speaking the truth.

How long have you been gay? ManhuntSteve's Avatar
    Thanks everyone for the kind words. Marco, I appreciate you giving GayAdPros a look. If you have ad spots that are generating that much for you, by all means you should continue to use them as you are.

What GayAdPros may be better suited for with you is to add an additional spot or two on your site to earn extra revenue that you aren't earning now. Another spot will likely have a lower CTR, and can then be priced competitively in the GayAdPros system.

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me via the information in my sig. I look forward to doing business with you!

How long have you been gay?
    Thanks Steve for your message.
    I never thought there was any problem with pridebucks, you just built the tool, which is very complete and well done.
    The problem is that webmasters who sell their ad spaces set too low prices in my opinion, and it's not your responsabilty. It's finally like an auction system, webmasters look at the other webmasters' prices, and try to undercut to have better chances to sell.
    I think the tool is great for webmasters who don't want to deal with an ad script, banner creation or adding/checking/removing banners.
    I appreciate your suggestion, but i still think that if i add an extra spot, i will still get more money from it with my own ads, just because i like to deal with the ad space.

I may not use this system, but i still am a happy pridebucks affiliate. Extrabigdicks is one of the best converting sites i promote, so keep up the good work