Thread: MacBook Pro Specs Leaked - the wait is over!!!!

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar

MacBook Pro Specs Leaked - the wait is over!!!!

MacRumors is reporting that they have received leaked specs for the upcoming MacBook Pro models due to be released on Thursday. With so much pent up anticipation for the latest MacBook Pros, it’s not surprising that more details are starting to emerge. Most of the leaked specs will come as little surprise to most. Updating to the Sandy Bridge family of processors is the most obvious upgrade in the works, however, these new MacBook Pro’s may still include a surprise or two. Apple may be discontinuing the white polycarbonate entry-level MacBook in favor of the 11-inch MacBook Air instead. Both MacBooks are priced similarly and Apple may simply be streamlining the MacBook line down to a more manageable two.

MacBook Pro Specs so far include:

* 16 GB Solid State Drives on all models for faster Mac OS X boot times
    * The 13-inch model will include an Intel Core i3 Sandy Bridge processor
    * The 13-inch model will increase the number of USB ports to 3
    * A matte screen option will be available for the high-end 13-inch model
    * The SuperDrive will be replaceable with an SSD on the 15-inch and 17-inch models
    * Better screens on all models: 1440x900 for the 13-inch model and 1680x1050 for the 15-inch model
    * All models will be 200-300 grams lighter
    * All models will have better battery life: the 13-inch model will now last 12 hours and the 15-inch model will now last a full 10 hours
    * The 17-inch model will accommodate up to 8 GB of RAM

These leaked specs make no mention of Light Peak being included with the new MacBook Pro models. Intel is set to unveil Light Peak on the same day that the new MacBook Pro models are expected to be released. It may just be a coincidence, but I wouldn't be surprised if these new Macs do include Light Peak connections at this point. We only have to wait a few more days to see what surprises, if any, are in store for us with these new MacBook Pro models. If the leaked specs are any indication, then we are about to see a significant upgrade to the full line MacBook Pro’s.

Source: MacRumors
    Dade Williams

having fun
    I have been waiting for the new release and am ready to upgrade, held off for a yr now! With all the graphics intensive work I do I am keen to see what they will do to improve the graphics card and processing speed. Keep the rumours and info coming!

Any idea or info on when they plan to upgrade the power mac desktop line?

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    more specs and shots of the specs

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/02/23/...s-thunderbolt/
    Dade Williams