Thread: Wordpress 3.1 Now Available

Wordpress 3.1 Now Available

The long-awaited fourteenth release of WordPress is now available. WordPress 3.1 “Reinhardt” is named in honor of the jazz guitarist Django Reinhardt. Version 3.1 is available for download, or you can update from within your dashboard.

This release features a lightning fast redesigned linking workflow which makes it easy to link to your existing posts and pages, an admin bar so you’re never more than a click away from your most-used dashboard pages, a streamlined writing interface that hides many of the seldom-used panels by default to create a simpler and less intimidating writing experience for new bloggers (visit Screen Options in the top right to get old panels back), and a refreshed blue admin scheme available for selection under your personal options.

There’s a bucket of candy for developers as well, including our new Post Formats support which makes it easy for themes to create portable tumblelogs with different styling for different types of posts, new CMS capabilities like archive pages for custom content types, a new Network Admin, an overhaul of the import and export system, and the ability to perform advanced taxonomy and custom fields queries.

With the 3.1 release, WordPress is more of a CMS than ever before. The only limit to what you can build is your imagination.

~ Matt

Web Designer For Hire
    damn... I just updated all my blogs last week to 3.0.5

I started the updates on a few of my blogs and have found two plugins cause issues:
    db cache reloaded
    hyper cache

For hyper-cache, I had to manually create a cache directory in the wp-content/plugins/hyper-cache directory and chmod it to 777. I had to disable dbcache, I was not able to get that one working again.

Anyone else take the leap & upgraded yet? If yes, how did it go?
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

I'm not gay; I'm British! daedal's Avatar
    I've updated two blogs and had no issues.

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely
    I've also updated several blogs. Works fine.
    DIAMONDGAYS.com - fresh twinks and best ratio! Highly recommended!

I am unique, just like everybody else.
    Updated a few of mine with no problems. Still getting used to the toolbar across the top when I view my own sites though.

No problems here so far. (knock on wood) :fool: