Thread: problems with Windows 7 SP1

problems with Windows 7 SP1

The Register reported that there are some serious problems with users running Windows 7 who have had their systems updated with Service Pack 1.

Not only are there ongoing problems with the install of the update package, but many users are complaining that the service pack has lead to fatal flaws in their system and has forced them to do a complete re-installation and rebuild.

"Basically, if you have an OEM machine connected to a server running WSUS [Windows Server Update Services] with the default settings it offers and installs SP1 automatically. This is killing machines and stopping them booting with a C00000034 fatal error," said Reg reader Simon, who has seen 15 machines downed by the flaw.

"Best thing is, SP1 deletes restore points prior to installing!!!!"

Separately, Windows 7 punters applying the SP1 update package have stumbled into a reboot looping glitch after encountering: "Error C000009A applying update operation 120782 of 367890".
    And to make matters worse, as of today, Microsoft still has NO IDEA what the problem is or how to fix it.

Anyone here running Win7 and have any problems or success stories with SP1 installations? If I was running Win7 I would be stopping auto-updates and waiting till this is sorted!!!
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

I'm not gay; I'm British! daedal's Avatar
    I have Windows 7 running SP1 and have absolutely no problems at all.