Thread: New Member Here!

I'm Not Gay but My Girlfriend Is.

New Member Here!

hey everybody, i have a new site up, but am getting ready to change the PW for my hosting site so the original web guys cannot access it. do you think the chances are high that they have placed a back-end in to my site or CMS to screw things up out of spite. you computer guys are really really smart!! alot smarter than me.

if the chances are high, how can i see if they have done this?

i'm a new member and new to this business. i'm hoping to learn ALOT from you guys! thanks

I'm not gay; I'm British! daedal's Avatar
    Its always advisable creating temporary passwords for giving people access to your site, then you just remove the temporary access.

Most reputable companies don't really give you anything to worry about, but if you need to change your password, I doubt that someone would have gone through the effort of putting in a 'backdoor' unless you have something of high demand or high value.

well the site is definitely not of any value now. and thanks for your input

First off, I totally agree with daedal, reputable companies will not give you any issues, and you should always limit access only to what is required.

Did you give them full root access to your server? If yes, I would ask your hosting company to scan for rootkits and back doors if you are concerned. Plus check over the php code to see if there are any unusual things, like iframes or base64 encoded stuff.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

yes, i did give full access. i told you i was new to this!! i'm learning alot just reading all these posts! thanks to all..

I've got more gay in my little pinky, than you have in your entire body
    A good hosting company will also help you with this. I have developers working on our sites and sometimes they ask for more access than they need. Not malicious, but just out of habit. In such a case NatNet support staff will tell me.
    Bert

TwinkPay