Thread: Attention All Canadians

Jasun

Attention All Canadians

I know with the contest coming to an end and our Pride Hangovers in full gear, we've got better things to worry about.

But don't forget to VOTE TODAY!

Canada's Federal Election is today, and it's the closest we've had in years. We're dangerously close to having a Conservative minority Government, and that could spell doom for Gays and Lesbians, Women, Immagrants and Multiculturalism.

It could be doom for our health care, for the Canadian way of life.

vote for whomever you want... i won't tell you who to vote for, but I'll tell you to vote.

I just got back... now... back to your hangovers and avid posting.

Rainbo1956
    Thanx for posting this Jasun.
    I think it's VERY important to get out and vote.
    I'm iin the US, but since Canada is our close neighbor, it will have a great deal of impact on us here as well and vice verse!

Rainbo1956
    Actually, I should have said it impacts the whole world :yeah:

MacDaddy
    Yes, VOTE VOTE VOTE

I will not tell you who to vote for either, but i will tell you who not to vote for Conservative!!! LOL

It's amazing the messages coming up from the states to encourage us not to have a conservative government. It does effect the US and the US does have our best in mind.

Jasun
    It does. And being a dual American and Canadian Citizen, I find i have to vote an awful lot.

But it's your duty to do it... And if you don't vote, they won't do anything for you... so you've gotta vote and let your vioce be heard.

by the way, it's really easy for Americans living outside the US to vote in American elections...

go to the local consulate, and they'll help you out.

Rainbo1956
    Originally posted by Jasun
    It does. And being a dual American and Canadian Citizen, I find i have to vote an awful lot.

But it's your duty to do it... And if you don't vote, they won't do anything for you... so you've gotta vote and let your vioce be heard.

by the way, it's really easy for Americans living outside the US to vote in American elections...

go to the local consulate, and they'll help you out.
    You're full of good information :thumbsup:

Jasun
    hey MacDaddy, did you notice that the Conservative Candidate that marched in the parade yesterday got booed the whole way down?

I can't figure out what the hell made him think marching was a good idea. What a twit.

And he's holding this sign that says "Pro Gay Marraige"

Which maybe he is personally, but the party is EXTREMELY anti gay. how stupid did he think we are? The fact that the Conservative would just parachute a moderatly gay-positive candidate is really smarmy.

MacDaddy
    I guess it was a last ditch attempt to get the gay vote... just made them look like chumps tho. The NDP had a great showing and was recieved by the crowd very well.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    So who won?

Regards,

Lee

Jasun
    So far, the Liberals are out in front, but it's way too early to tell yet.

Light a candle for us.

this has been a very very strange election in canada for so many reasons. We've got one less party to vote for, but one of the parties is a combination of two that were around last time. thus, they have no real platform on which to run, and their whole campaign has pretty much been to make stabs at the party in power. the party in power is being run by a new guy, and a lot of the old guard are gone..

i have no idea what's gonna happen.. but it's pretty exciting..

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Liberal minority government with NDP holding the balance... thank the stars... NO CONSERVATIVE GOVERNMENT!!!!
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Congratulations!!!!!!!

Now here's to November and the US efforts for change!