Thread: what a terrible Friday the 13th for me!!!

what a terrible Friday the 13th for me!!!

I just got home at 8:30pm after heading into the city for a quick dentist visit that I thought would only take less than 30 minutes. But as this is Friday the 13th, it ended up taking all day as I ended up needing an emergency root canal and finding out that I may need a second one next week too!

Gawd I hate Friday the 13th! How was your day? Hopefully better than mine.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

I am unique, just like everybody else.
    emergency root canal?
    don't those usually take a few weeks to do meaning you have to go back to have it finished.
    that sucks!

I came home after a 2 week trip to florida for work and got upgraded to first, flight left on time, no wait for bags, and picked up thai food on the way home so my day was good.

Yeah, shocking right? It doesn't have to take weeks, only about an hour to do the actual root canal. I didn't need a crown or anything, I think that's what normally takes a long time to get molded and manufactured.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director

Ugh ... I sure hope they sent you home with some good pain meds. I HATE having to go to the dentist. But when your mouth/teeth hurt, you just can't focus on anything else and eventually give in to the inevitable.

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    I blame King Phillip. And nominate him as the patron ghost of root canals. Along with Popes.

Damn kings and popes - messing up perfectly good fridays!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_the_13th#History

Another theory about the origin of this superstition traces to the arrest of the legendary Knights Templar.

The Knights Templar were a monastic military order founded in Jerusalem, in the year 1118. Their original mission was to guide and protect Christian pilgrims along the path from Europe to Jerusalem during the Crusades. Through this mission, the Templars developed a banking system to protect the finances of the traveling pilgrims, eventually expanding this banking system throughout their holdings in Europe. Over time, France's Philip IV amassed a substantial debt to the Knights Templar, due to their years of service to the crown. He had nearly depleted his money, from France's ongoing battles with England. In the Knights' rise to power, King Phillip became envious of them, so he set his sights on their famed fortunes. Philip devised a plan to arrest all the Knights in a single day, and charge them with crimes so heinous that no person or group would dare come to their defense. The charges against them were religious in nature, and backed by the papacy of the Vatican and Pope Clement V. His plan was swift and carefully crafted, so as not to alert the Templars in advance.

Knights Templar and Philip IV
    King Phillip's orders were sent a month in advance to the King's Men and other Bailiffs, with instructions not to open the orders until dawn of Friday, October 13, 1307. The charges against the Templars were of the highest accusations of heresy: that the Knights Templar had asked members to spit on the cross and to step on it, to deny Christ, to perform homosexual acts, and so on. The king's orders were to engage and arrest every Templar in France. All Templar outposts, homes, wineries, mills, and castles were to be taken in the name of the King of France and Pope Clement V. The nationwide arrest was widely successful, with medieval torture tactics used to obtain confessions from the Knights. This act against the Templar Order is now viewed as one of the most unlucky days in History – Friday the 13th.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I blame King Phillip. And nominate him as the patron ghost of root canals. Along with Popes.
    haha....love it!!!! thanks for that great little history lesson too
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director

I am new here
    ouch that must hurt lots get better soon!!!

How long have you been gay?
    At least you did not have to live through the weekend with tooth pain. That is truly painful experience.

GWW Newbie..Be Nice.. Luke Preston's Avatar
    I didn't even notice it was Friday 13th until Saturday 14th, the sequel! :doh:
    Many years' experience reviewing adult websites and writing gay erotica for many clients. Always available for new clients, for reviews, stories, blog post. See the website. www.gaystorycontent.com/blog

Oh no, Luke, what happened on the 14th?
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director

Homosexuals cannot biologically reproduce children; therefore, they must recruit our children.
    Hope Friday the 20th is a lot luckier for you Luke!
    18 exclusive gay sites - 20+ RSS Feeds - Hundreds of FLVs and Embedded Videos
    Top Converting Site StraightRentBoys.com converting 1/150
    www.zBUCKz.com - Let's make you money.

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely
    Mine was fine with no bad events. Sorry to hear about the tooth issue..

I found out I need one extracted. Luck for me its in the back and not going to be seen
    :donmike:

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.

Check It Out Europeans Billing Europe!

I don't know what it is, but Friday the 13th is always a great day for me...
    BLOG IT!
    How Will You Spend Your 2011 EU Profits? - Webbilling.com

European Direct Debit Billing - Your Only Risk Is More Revenue!

GWW Newbie..Be Nice..
    Have a great Friday the 20th... time to make up for last friday
    Roger McMan

GWW Newbie..Be Nice.. Luke Preston's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HunkMoneyLuke View Post
    Oh no, Luke, what happened on the 14th?
    7 year old PC finally gave up... took it to the 'shop'... needed new main board, processor, fan, ram... cost me my saved holiday money... now working fine though, fast and quieter... few instalation problems (Windows 7)...

Just need some more work so I can start saving for the holiday again!

LP
    Many years' experience reviewing adult websites and writing gay erotica for many clients. Always available for new clients, for reviews, stories, blog post. See the website. www.gaystorycontent.com/blog