Thread: sample DCMA notice

sample DCMA notice

Anyone have a good sample DCMA notice that they can share here?
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely
    I do. Let me get it for you.

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely
    http://www.amateurdough.com/DMCA_original.doc

I will leave that up for a few days.

Make sure to remove the Notes in BOLD where it tells you what to put and to use both the dates on it.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I will also provide one that our lawyer created for us. We just got to California a couple days ago, give me a day or two and I'll get one prepared. We're also almost finished with CombatPiracyNow.com and it will have DMCA forms available as well where you just fill in the blanks

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Here's our DMCA form developed by our lawyers, free to any and all to use:

---------------------------------------------------

Date: [Fill In The Appropriate Date]

TO: [Fill In The Site Name, Owner of the Sites Contact Info, the host info, all parties involved]

[Position with your company ie. President]
    [Your Company Name]

RE: Copyright Infringement

Notice Under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act
    Take Down Demand

I am hereby contacting all entities including but not limited to the website owner(s), our legal representatives, the host, and all necessary parties involved in illegal copyright violations.

Please be advised that it has been brought to our attention that your website located at:
    [Website URL(s), 1 per line]

[Full URL of Image Files]

Webpages:
    [All Full URL's of the infringing pages where content is located at]

Videos:
    [Full URL of the Videos]

And properties within, contains video files from our legally copyrighted film entitled [Video / DVD / Film Title Here.] These images and video clips are legally owned and properly copyrighted by [Your Company Name] the above mentioned websites, site owners, or webmasters have no right to the above films or images. You are illegally using these films, videos, and images as well as infringing on our copyright which subjects you to both civil and criminal penalties.

This is our one and only demand to remove these images, download files, and internet web pages as well as any reference to [Your Company Name] immediately from any site owned and operated by you or your agents. Failure to do so will result in our taking whatever legal remedies are available to us. You have 48 hours to permanently remove this material from your site to prevent further legal matters, we will not argue the matter.

As the complaining party, we provide the following contact information to reach us:

[Your Company Name]
    [Street Address]
    [City, State, Zip Code]
    [Your Email Address]
    [Your Phone Number]
    [Your Fax Number if Applicable]

[NEVER SUPPLY ANY INSTANT MESSENGER CONTACT]

[Your Company Name], is the legal holder of the copyrighted works in question and have not given [Website Names], it's host, or website operators permission to use these copyrighted images. [IF your Video(s) are copyrighted with the United States Library of Congress, Keep this last Sentence, otherwise delete it] This media is registered with the United States Copyright Offices located at the Library of Congress of Washington, DC USA.

I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.

You have been warned, please govern yourself accordingly.

Sincerely,

[Your Legal Name]
    Electronic Signature
    My above electronic signature is governed by the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (E-Sign Act), 15 U.S.C. §7000, et seq.

[Your Legal Name]
    [Your Position with your company ie. President]
    [Your Company Name]