Thread: Windows 8 Preview

Windows 8 Preview

Earlier this week, MS released this preview video of the forthcoming Windows 8.

The taskbar is gone, the desktop is gone, and in their place is a very Windows Phone 7-style system of tiles. MS is calling this the Start Screen.

What do you think? Is this a winning move that will finally modernize Windows, or will it be a failed last-ditch effort to compete with Macs and Android-based systems?
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    HILARIOUS isnt it? table ok but good lawd i was rof when they said desktop use

the one thing i like however..... is pulling those widgets to the side of the screen while you work on say photoshop i actually liked that part

but i still think their a little nuts with this concept, apple is bringing ios features to mac they never went that far
    Dade Williams

How long have you been gay?
    Ouch... I don't think I'm gonna like this.

I hated XP's "interactive" and "help" and icon-heavy "friendliness"... this is just going even further...

Wonder if we'll be able to rollback to a "classic" windows look - ie., address bars and directory trees...

Complete Video Chat Solution

Phone: 1-866-892-5122 (Ext. 2)

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MediaGuy View Post
    Ouch... I don't think I'm gonna like this.

I hated XP's "interactive" and "help" and icon-heavy "friendliness"... this is just going even further...

Wonder if we'll be able to rollback to a "classic" windows look - ie., address bars and directory trees...

ya windows is still there u can turn this off i believe
    Dade Williams

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    it's just a new shell, you'll be able to get out of it and have the desktop or turn it off completely. The first beta is in September taht will probably show a lot more of what's being done under the hood and UI which is changing, but probably not drastically

There might be a new file system, what was called WinFS when they showed off several years ago. All apps will likely now live within a virtual environment that will help contain the spread of viruses and likely piss Norton and McAfee

Any decent man you ever get is gonna find out you're half dyke and RUN.
    This is a joke right?

Quote Originally Posted by zbuckz_lloyd View Post
    This is a joke right?
    It doesn't make you want to switch from Mac OS?
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director

As about as much as I want to go back to Vista...

...but the world loves Vista
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director

shudders, just get a mac yo, u can run ur fancy winblows all you want in parallels
    Dade Williams

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely
    I think it looks like crap and I for one wont be able to use it. Touch screen? Not if you work with video programs or photo programs. The finger prints will drive you nuts

not to mention stretching your arm out all the time to do shit, this is for tablet for sure and its a neat concept, everyone is taking phone/os to the tablet

but even apple said a touch screen laptop wouldnt be the greatest thing since your always reaching out, they give you gestures and stuff via the trackpad for laptop/desktop

i dont want a touch screen laptop/desktop EVER

people already touch the screen enough
    Dade Williams

That guy in the video - He should be fired for even thinking that someone would want to use this on a laptop or desktop. Tablet. Maybe.

He was probably the same idiot that designed that round yellow thing in office that we were suppose to know was how we save files in office.