Thread: Final Cut Pro X and Third-Party Thunderbolt Peripherals Coming Next Week?

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar

Final Cut Pro X and Third-Party Thunderbolt Peripherals Coming Next Week?

Japanese blog Macotakara reports that Apple is apparently set to launch its new Final Cut Pro X offerings next week, to be accompanied by the release of a number of new Thunderbolt-equipped accessories from third-party vendors.

Apple demoed Final Cut Pro X back in mid-April, announcing that the professional video production software would launch on the Mac App Store in June priced at $299. Apple has yet to release any official word on the other components of its Final Cut Studio package or its lighter-weight Final Cut Express software. A number of screenshots from Final Cut Pro X and related applications have also leaked in recent days just ahead of the software's launch, but the full details remain unknown.

Apple debuted the new Thunderbolt high-speed data and display connectivity standard on revamped MacBook Pros back in late February, extending the feature to its iMac line just last month. Third-party vendors have been showing off new Thunderbolt-equipped peripherals, but few have made it to market so far. If today's report is true, it seems that Apple will be taking advantage of the Final Cut Pro X debut to also roll out new Thunderbolt peripherals, devices that video professionals will almost certainly find useful in moving large files around quickly.

Source: MacRumors
    Dade Williams

awesome news, looking forward to seeing it in action on our videos
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    it looks sexy
    Dade Williams

I like Final Cut now, so if it was any better, I'd love it! Hope the price is lower than usual. I'm interested in getting it through the Apple app store. I like what they've got going on there. Should make upgrades easy and I can put it on more than one computer!

Robert Chandler
    Fantastic Foreskin
    Affiliate site: Fantasticforeskin.com/affiliates
    Twitter: @FanForeskin | Facebook: FantasticRobertChandler