Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: div help!!

2QT2BSTR8

div help!!

Ok I have our new site up: http://www.guyworksstudios.com

The issue I am having is with the text in the gray box - when resizing the browser window, the text won't move with everything else. I am far from being even a novice at css, so any help is greatly appreciated! Also I am using dreamweaver cs5 if that is important.
    There is nothing wrong with going to bed with someone of your own sex. People should be very free with sex, they should draw the line at goats. ~Elton John

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    why is it in a div with a gray box etc? why not just start typing in a <p> ?

and i dont understand what you mean by things moving when i resize my browser window nothing moves really less black on the sides but i dont understand what your aiming for

the greybox is hideous btw.
    Dade Williams

2QT2BSTR8
    Got it figured out. The gray box is used for text. I wanted something to divide the screen up and separate the text from everything else. I check out many other studios websites, and the totally black background behind everything gets a little monotonous. Sorry for trying to be different.
    There is nothing wrong with going to bed with someone of your own sex. People should be very free with sex, they should draw the line at goats. ~Elton John

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    can you remove the scroll bars on it at least? or am i the only one seeing that?
    Dade Williams

2QT2BSTR8
    I just fixed that in the main page. Working on completing the rest of them. In order to get the text box to move with everything else when resizing the window I had to put everything in a wrapper.

the buttons are quite small and hard to read and im only a 15" laptop 1440x900
    Dade Williams

you need some margin in that box on the homepage letters are right against the left side
    Dade Williams

your main logo image needs some cropping at the very top there is a little whiteish line at the top right its driving me bonkers ;p
    Dade Williams

does it have to be an image map as well? "i didnt know dreamweaver still did this"

the guy on the right side of your logo should be moved over a bit to line up like the guy on the left
    the buttons are not lined up properly either
    if you were aiming for a curve to it, its still off abit
    Last edited by x0pa; 06-21-2011 at 06:39 PM. Reason: more stuff less posts
    Dade Williams

2QT2BSTR8
    Cropped, and text fixed. Buttons are next, along with the header.

weird white bar at the bottom.. is wrapper set to black background
    Dade Williams

2QT2BSTR8
    Yeah it is, don't know what caused it, but it should be fixed now

2QT2BSTR8
    Ok the header/logo has been redesigned, as well as the buttons. The first design was mine, the new one my boyfriend did. Let me know what u think.

looks good, maybe a space between guy and works?
    Dade Williams

Quote Originally Posted by x0pa View Post
    weird white bar at the bottom.. is wrapper set to black background
    If that's a blueish white blurry bar that starts about mid page and goes to the right at the very bottom of the page .... it's still there.