Thread: I Now Own a Blackberry

I Now Own a Blackberry

I won't go into details, but I suddenly find myself the owner of a Blackberry 8700. It's in excellent condition, but I know zilch about these pda type phones. From what I can gather, if I actually use it, I'll automatically get a data package added onto my at&t phone bill. The idea of saying I have one is a bit like saying I just bought a Mercedes for the prestige of it all ... but I really don't know if I'd use all the various features.

Can some of you give me the pros and cons to either keeping the phone and activating it or should I just up and sell it on Ebay instead?

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    ebay it get an iPhone
    Dade Williams

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    OH LORD! Bec with a Blackberry! Now I'm scared! LOL, who loves ya mama!

I had a crackberry once - - Oops sorry, I mean Blackberry . All I did was look at the weather, occasionally search the net, text, and talk. I found it kind of useless for what I wanted.

Later after, I went to Sprint. I got the HTC Evo. In my opinion it was better than a Blackberry.

Now, with my contract is up with Sprint, last week I went to Sprint... I got the Samsung Continuum Galaxy phone. With it... I talk, text, look at the weather and sigh (our weather is 100 degrees and up, never lower).... It does have the 4G Mobile Hotspot which is basically a router so that you can hook your laptop up to it and have internet. (Being I'm a full-time college student and working full time here... If internet goes out, I'm screwed, so it's a back up point.)

With Blackberry's it's basically what YOU want to do with it. If you manage a lot of tasks, it's great. But their software that runs on the phone can crap out sometimes (which is why people call them Crackberry's). I've never been fond of it but that's my personal opinion, who knows you may love it. :knit:

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    ugh get an iPhone or "android <if you have too"
    Dade Williams

I'm Not Gay but My Girlfriend Is.
    i like mine alot. i use it for email, texting and phone. i also like to read CNN on it. i also get FB and twitter updates on it. i haven't tried to put G+ on it yet.

my camera crapped out the other day, but i didn't think the pics were that great anyway.

i also love playing brick breaker on it. so i like mine, but i'm not really a techie person. i've never tried the iphone either. so that's my 2 cents. i do get great reception when alot of other people don't. i'm on sprint

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    At the hotel last week, when the janitor turned off the power to the WiFi router, I put my iPhone4 into Personal Hotspot mode to create a WIFI zone, so my desktop could POP current e-mail.

I'd rather be whole, than good NALEM's Avatar

I Now Own a Blackberry

Pros: size, screen, keyboard, RF, call quality, bluetooth, pictures, stable OS, push email

Cons: no blackberry as modem, want to see cost for service come down more 45 dollars is alot per month :duh:

Any complements? :cheer:

2QT2BSTR8
    I've got the HTC EVO. My brother has the iPhone, and hates it! To many bugs that still haven't gotten worked out.
    There is nothing wrong with going to bed with someone of your own sex. People should be very free with sex, they should draw the line at goats. ~Elton John

Big Hands/Big Feet=Expensive shoes & gloves!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    I won't go into details, but I suddenly find myself the owner of a Blackberry 8700. It's in excellent condition, but I know zilch about these pda type phones. From what I can gather, if I actually use it, I'll automatically get a data package added onto my at&t phone bill. The idea of saying I have one is a bit like saying I just bought a Mercedes for the prestige of it all ... but I really don't know if I'd use all the various features.

Can some of you give me the pros and cons to either keeping the phone and activating it or should I just up and sell it on Ebay instead?
    Hey Bec..LOOOONG TIME NO SEE/TALK TO! Good to see you (in a manner of speaking..as far as "seeing" you goes..grin).

Well, first off take the blackberry and make some good jam with it!
    Seriously, if you're NOT that into the whole texting and cell phone thing, you'd probably be best served by selling it. That data plan is always a weight around your next.

BUT..if you like texting and do it a lot..the blackberry is great for that.

Thanks everyone for your imput on keeping or selling the Blackberry. From the comments I've figured out that:

I'm not a fan of texting with a phone. I use a phone to make phone calls. I will, on occasion, use the alarm function. I don't own a laptop, so a secondary internet access medium isn't a concern. When I went to some Adult shows, I was thinking one would be nice to have to check email, but it looks like any of the newer phones can do that now.

I don't need a GPS, I have one in the car already and have no plans to go hunting meteorites in the mountains.

Bluetooth is also on all phones pretty much now too, and the one feature I'll want in any future phone is that Voice Command ability to call someone as I refuse to answer and hold a phone while driving.

I also like the speakerphone idea as it'd be easier to talk and multitask on the computer at the same time. (I don't have a landline anymore).

Adding the data plan on AT&T would be a minimum of $15, and I really don't see me accessing the internet often enough each month to justify the cost. Sooooo .... anyone need a Blackberry????

I'm not gay; I'm British! adamz's Avatar
    Blackberry eh? I'm sorry for you loss

Adam | JuicyBoys.com | Affiliate Manager | Content Purchaser
    E adam(at)juicyboys.com | ICQ 588537270 | http://www.xbiz.net/adamz