Thread: ISOStick: bootable USB drive that acts like a DVD

ISOStick: bootable USB drive that acts like a DVD

This is a really sweet invention that is now collecting funding for production on KickStarter. Its called an ISO Stick, and it allows you to put any operating system on their USB drive and its internal software will automatically convert the ISO images into physical, mounted optical drives (or at least as far as the host computer is concerned). This all happens so transparently that you can put an image of Ubuntu or Windows on an Isostick, restart your computer, and boot from it; as far as your computer is concerned, it’s an optical drive.

You can put as many ISOs as you like on an Isostick and a built-in bootloader lets you select which ISO to boot from. The stick comes in 8 / 16 / 32 GB formats, so you can realistically put images of just about every OS on a single Isostick. There’s also a hardware read-only switch to ensure that you won't get viruses.

If you are interested, a pledge of $125 will get you the 8GB version, or you can chose the $175 or $225 options for the 16GB / 32GB versions. More info and pledging can be done at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...in-a-usb-stick
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

I've got more gay in my little pinky, than you have in your entire body
    Seems like they are re-inventing the wheel? I already use Unetbootin, it's free, and there are several other open source alternatives.
    Bert

TwinkPay