Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me explain to my boyfriend...

Growl Girl

Help me explain to my boyfriend...

Okay his question is how come you guys don't mind girls being on the board. He wants to know why "girls" are so welcome on gay boards but a straight guy going on a lesbian board would most likely be unacceptable.

Can anyone explain this?

Growl =)

Growl Girl
    Okay excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me...I did't word it to his liking. Here is his exact question.

How come women are welcome on gay boards but men aren't welcome on lesbian boards.

Growl =)

TheLegacy
    not sure what you mean.. I am some female boards and they are fine.. unless hes saying something that is inappropriate?

I assume not since your posting this - what is he expecting??

Growl Girl
    Originally posted by TheLegacy
    not sure what you mean.. I am some female boards and they are fine.. unless hes saying something that is inappropriate?

I assume not since your posting this - what is he expecting??
    Here's what he says...although could be comepletely untrue. He says you go on the boards, you're gay and let it be known that you're OBVIOUSLY gay (because of course if you're a part of a gay webmaster board you just have to be gay **) and so they are not threatened.

So he says how come gay guys are not threatened by straight girls, but lesbian women are threatened by straight guys (or so he thinks)

Growl =)

Bell

Re: Help me explain to my boyfriend...

Originally posted by Growl Girl
    Okay his question is how come you guys don't mind girls being on the board. He wants to know why "girls" are so welcome on gay boards but a straight guy going on a lesbian board would most likely be unacceptable.

Can anyone explain this?

Growl =)

we welcome all BECAUSE this is NOT a sex chat board...
    it's a business board... where we ALSO happen to be
    friendly to each other... and sometimes.... sometimes...
    we say naughty things to or about each other...

and...

because either sex can MARKET gay product...

so...

you are BOTH welcome here...

~Bell

p.s. now show us your nakie pix of yourselves

Growl Girl

Re: Re: Help me explain to my boyfriend...

Originally posted by Bell
    p.s. now show us your nakie pix of yourselves
    That will get me kicked out of here for sure =)

Growl

Growl Girl
    He's thinking in terms other than business. So he wants to have an experiment.

He wants us to go to a gay bar for a half hour and a lesbian bar for a half hour. See how I get treated in the gay bar and how he gets treated in the lesbian bar. Lesbians aren't that mean are they? I don't know any, but I have a few gay friends and I get along great with them.

*shrugs*

I guess his point is how come gay men get along with women and lesbian women don't get along with straight men? I think this is his "reason" to get to talk to hot chicks...you agree?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrowl!!!!

Rainbo1956
    Originally posted by Growl Girl
    Here's what he says...although could be comepletely untrue. He says you go on the boards, you're gay and let it be known that you're OBVIOUSLY gay (because of course if you're a part of a gay webmaster board you just have to be gay **) and so they are not threatened.

So he says how come gay guys are not threatened by straight girls, but lesbian women are threatened by straight guys (or so he thinks)

Growl =)
    Hon, tell him this...

The truth of the matter is, a gay man would usually be welcome...but not always...there is NO threat there....and so, most (not all) straight men "are" usually not welcome...why? Because lesbian women mostly figure (feel) straight men "are" up to no good.... ranging from just being curious to...trying to get off, pick a lesbian up (alot of lesbians think straight men all think the only thing a lesbian needs is a "good man...
    Which we all know gays and lesbians) is totally crazy

SO, I pose this question to him. Why does he care? Why would he or any "straight man" want to be a part of a lesbian board anyway?

(Ok, so my sister Storm (lesbian) made me ask that...)

(I had like 30 seconds to write this in...sorry if it doesn't make too much sence)

Bo

BDBionic
    For some reason I can't stop thinking about The Family Guy episode where they go in to a lesbian bar and Quagmire walks up to a couple women and says "Any of you ladies ever been penetrated?"

Dzinerbear
    Okay, there used to be a similar situation at a women's (dyke) bar here in Toronto. Men had to be accompanied into the bar by a woman because so many men went to the bar with the express purpose of picking up woman, and more than one would be nice.

I'm assuming that women collected in places like a female webmasters board want to deal with issues that are unique to women. They don't want to have to deal with male testerone, male attitudes, a man's approach to doing things, or men trying to pick up chicks. They don't want to have to explain to men why they have a problem with so-and-so or why they like to do this so-and-so way. It all gets in the way of what they're trying to accomplish.

It's no different than a lot of HIV-positive guys like to only have sex with other positives. They don't want to have to deal with a negative guy's fear, apprehensions, misconception, etc. They don't want to have to answer a bunch of questions. They just want to fuck.

Female webmasters presumably want to build a community that supports themselves, that deals with issues that directly affect them.

Women do not face any resistance in being here because generally speaking women are not threatened by gay men, nor do they have to prove that they're straight. So many straight men, not all but many, constantly have to prove that they're straight, or at least prove that they're not gay. We have a few straight guys on this board who fit in just fine.

But believe me, if a woman came in here spouting a bunch of nonsense, it wouldn't be too long before we'd throw her out, I imagine.

I hope that helps clear things up.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

Growl Girl
    Originally posted by Rainbo1956
    Hon, tell him this...

The truth of the matter is, a gay man would usually be welcome...but not always...there is NO threat there....and so, most (not all) straight men "are" usually not welcome...why? Because lesbian women mostly figure (feel) straight men "are" up to no good.... ranging from just being curious to...trying to get off, pick a lesbian up (alot of lesbians think straight men all think the only thing a lesbian needs is a "good man...
    Which we all know gays and lesbians) is totally crazy

SO, I pose this question to him. Why does he care? Why would he or any "straight man" want to be a part of a lesbian board anyway?

(Ok, so my sister Storm (lesbian) made me ask that...)

(I had like 30 seconds to write this in...sorry if it doesn't make too much sence)

Bo
    He says in his mind it's not sexual, why is it in theirs? He wants to know why you didn't ask what a girl is doing on a gay mens board, but you ask why he would want to be on a lesbian board.

He's not letting me throw my 2 cents in because he's worried I wont get honest answers...it will "tarnish" the answer .

Growl

Growl Girl
    Originally posted by Dzinerbear
    Okay, there used to be a similar situation at a women's (dyke) bar here in Toronto. Men had to be accompanied into the bar by a woman because so many men went to the bar with the express purpose of picking up woman, and more than one would be nice.

I'm assuming that women collected in places like a female webmasters board want to deal with issues that are unique to women. They don't want to have to deal with male testerone, male attitudes, a man's approach to doing things, or men trying to pick up chicks. They don't want to have to explain to men why they have a problem with so-and-so or why they like to do this so-and-so way. It all gets in the way of what they're trying to accomplish.

It's no different than a lot of HIV-positive guys like to only have sex with other positives. They don't want to have to deal with a negative guy's fear, apprehensions, misconception, etc. They don't want to have to answer a bunch of questions. They just want to fuck.

Female webmasters presumably want to build a community that supports themselves, that deals with issues that directly affect them.

Women do not face any resistance in being here because generally speaking women are not threatened by gay men, nor do they have to prove that they're straight. So many straight men, not all but many, constantly have to prove that they're straight, or at least prove that they're not gay. We have a few straight guys on this board who fit in just fine.

But believe me, if a woman came in here spouting a bunch of nonsense, it wouldn't be too long before we'd throw her out, I imagine.

I hope that helps clear things up.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear
    Okay he understands your post and you explained it clearly for him. However, he says you didn't explain why gay males are not threatened by straight women.

He says...how come the lesbian women don't want to welcome straight men but the gay guys will welcome anyone. Oh, and he's not trying to be argumentitive...it's just a psychology question he guesses.

Growl

Sana Chan
    Well coming from a psychological background, I'll try to answer.

I am a straight female who deals in the gay webdom. I do not think gay men are threatened by me because what am I going to do? It is the sterotype that leads a great deal of our beliefs. Women are not sexual agressive (remember, streotypes, not my opinion) and men think more with their lower head than with the other.

Also considering about 90-95% of sex offenders are male, it makes many women, straight or lesbian very fearful. Besides, women more than men get the "all they need is a real man" speech. Gay men are looked upon as just being strange.

Hope that adds some more light. Remember, I based this off what I've studied in Psychology, it isn't my opinion.

Growl Girl
    Originally posted by Sana Chan
    Well coming from a psychological background, I'll try to answer.

I am a straight female who deals in the gay webdom. I do not think gay men are threatened by me because what am I going to do? It is the sterotype that leads a great deal of our beliefs. Women are not sexual agressive (remember, streotypes, not my opinion) and men think more with their lower head than with the other.

Also considering about 90-95% of sex offenders are male, it makes many women, straight or lesbian very fearful. Besides, women more than men get the "all they need is a real man" speech. Gay men are looked upon as just being strange.

Hope that adds some more light. Remember, I based this off what I've studied in Psychology, it isn't my opinion.

I feel the EXACT same way. But I don't think gay guys are "strange" for the most part. Maybe before I did, but my friend has a son who I am SURE got either the wrong parts or is definitely gay...and he was only 5 at the time. Also I used to babysit this "family" of unfortunate kids when I was about sixteen and one of them was always teased and called names (I'm sure you can imagine) and I got in touch with him like 2 years ago and immediately KNEW he was gay although he denied it...sure enough after a long conversation he came out to his family the following day. It's just the way you are, in my opinion.

I do believe it's all stereotypical, and if he's angry about it he needs to blame his past behaviours and that of most other straight men. It's just a fact they mostly thinking about sex!

Growl

Scorpio
    I'm sorry but Lesbians oftenly even have a problem with gay guys... and i know what i'm talking about. So i can really imagine your boyfriend being trashed in some lesbian forums.

Fortunately, I've always been very welcome to any lesbian forums. So your boyfriend must have been in some places where men are not really appreciated.

I posted months ago several posts about it because i lived this situation several times.