Thread: What payment alternative is working for you at the moment?

How long have you been gay? TrustCash's Avatar

What payment alternative is working for you at the moment?

Since the dissolution of ePassporte and its ilk helped create a mess of things in the industry last year, other viable alternatives had stepped up to fill the void since then. Though I am sure these companies do their best to serve us as efficiently as they can, which payment option is really working for you? Do credit cards and the use of online checks actually help? How successful are they in helping you provide a smooth transition of revenue that your business needs?

And if given the choice, would you consider a cash payment option? How would you want it to serve you?

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    Payoneer is great. Been with them 1 1/2 years. Good navigable website. Best fees. They now have P2P transfers, as well as "private loads" which I don't have a solid explanation as to how that works, so it appears that we have some ability to get paid by consumers who have Payoneer cards.

Paxum is awful. High fees. High price for card- $40. Poor website information. Awful 'ticket" system. I'm 99% sure I'll be leaving Paxum after I drain the balance.

AlertPay was looking good last winter, but they said they are still working with their bank on adult processing.

I accepted a Western Union MTCN the other day from a customer. The exchange rate (EUR>GBP) was a bit out of line, but the immediate cash in hand was awesome, and the customer was happy getting his DVDs the next day.

WesternUnion prepaid credit/debit cards are nice, and do accept US ACH direct deposit as well as cash loads at agents. The $.99 POS fee makes a $3 hamburger at McDonalds be $4, so buyer beware when using the card at POS. ATM works fine.

If you are a company that pays out, consider Payoneer - Pearl Levy <pearlle@payoneer.com> .

I have had the opposite experience, maybe its because I am evaluating it from a program owner's point of view.

For me, Paxum has been amazing. They are extremely supportive, I find their fees minimal and, as a program owner, I can tell you that this is the preferred method of online payouts with our affiliates across all 4 of our programs. Payoneer, on the other hand, was a huge hassle to get setup so we never got it completed. With them, you have to setup your own website on their subdomain and it was near impossible to add to NATS for a payout option. AlertPay was easy, but there are ongoing issues with it that made it impossible for us to offer anymore.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com