Thread: Free site + "AVS"

BDBionic

Free site + "AVS"

Watcha think. I got a free site. A huge free site with hundreds upon hundreds of individual pages, thousands of images, 200+ megs of content on it. Decent sized for a free site. It's entirely free and makes all its dough off of affiliate linkities.

I'm contemplating recreating the entire damn thing - just as an AVS. Spitting image, cept through AVS.

To make money that way as well. Ever given that a whirl and seen how it's gone?

Would it be a pain in the arse?

it depends on how you set up your free site...did you set it up as 'sitelets' or just one big one? if you already have a decent directory structure, it should be easy to set up as multiple AVS sites

but be warned that submitting the same free site and avs site to a linklist will likely get you banned.

cheers,
    Luke

Dzinerbear
    Naw, it's not too much of a pain, you've got a lot of the worst part of it done: the picture resizing, the creation of the inside galleries, etc. Now you just need to create a new outside. Set up I template like I did with my sites and it's pretty pain free.

And I'd suggest setting up a completely different entity that's not affiliated with Juicy Goo.

Might I suggest MANcheck, we're not the biggest so the market isn't over-saturated to the point where you can barely sell a regular membership. We pay well and on time. And you've got my brain to pick. (Hell you can pick my brain anyway, it's just the kind of guy I am. Besides I owe you after all the Juicy Goo traffic you send me :groovy: )

If you wanna talk, you know where I am.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

BDBionic
    hehe coolcool. yeah actually juicygoo is the one I'm considering doing this with. but quite frankly have done little if anything with AVS in the past. nada!

if you have that many pictures, and if they are not in one niche, why not create several avs sites?

BDBionic
    Originally posted by basschick
    if you have that many pictures, and if they are not in one niche, why not create several avs sites?
    yeah that's what I was considering. 90% of them are in the same field, pretty much.

But there are still a substantial amount in various others. Skaters, Surfers, Cumshot galleries, twinks, such and such.

But I also just kinda like the site whole. If I were to break it down in to several AVS sites I'd still want them to all be kinda tied to one another.

baddog
    Originally posted by basschick
    good idea . . . . BTW, here is a tutorial I wrote on how to easily mirror a freesite into an AVS site

baddog
    Originally posted by BDBionic

But I also just kinda like the site whole. If I were to break it down in to several AVS sites I'd still want them to all be kinda tied to one another.
    Link them together with a table at the bottom of the page . . .helps with Google PR too

BDBionic
    Originally posted by Chilihost
    it depends on how you set up your free site...did you set it up as 'sitelets' or just one big one? if you already have a decent directory structure, it should be easy to set up as multiple AVS sites

but be warned that submitting the same free site and avs site to a linklist will likely get you banned.

cheers,

Luke
    eh... . i mean it's pretty much a big site.

BDBionic
    Originally posted by baddog
    good idea . . . . BTW, here is a tutorial I wrote on how to easily mirror a freesite into an AVS site
    ah, nifty. gracias!

BDBionic
    maybe i'll just stick the whole damn thing in to an AVS and have the biggest, baddest AVS site... EVAR! :groovy:

... not to mention various "sitelets" would share the same image directories and certain folders so... bleh!

DigitalJay
    Originally posted by BDBionic
    maybe i'll just stick the whole damn thing in to an AVS and have the biggest, baddest AVS site... EVAR! :groovy:

... not to mention various "sitelets" would share the same image directories and certain folders so... bleh!
    What you would want to do is make it one big "platinum" site, with smaller standard avs/aen sites feeding it traffic. This is called multi-tier marketing; You sell regular avs, try to sell the platinum upgrade, then try to sell your sponsors, so there are 3 tiers instead of your current one

So you'd have something lik JG Platinum, then say 10 JG hotties sites with 30-50 pics each, 10 JG hardcore sites, etc, etc. You wouldn't really have to do much, just mirror the site, hopefully change the name at least somewhat, then pop in all the avs pages. (the regular avs/aen site's must use seperate html pages, but they can be in the same directories as the platinum site, so you don't have to mirror the content twice)