Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OSX Lion

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.

OSX Lion

I installed OSX Lion on one of my Macs last night.

Once over replacing an outdated App, and logging in to some sites over again to set cookies and remember user/pass, I'm actually on to using it just a few hours later!

Some speed improvements. I like how it handles bookmarks within webpages (the # tag)...

Glad we can now sort filenames by the color we give them - pretty good left brain action even for Apple.

I'm usually not the first one on the block to try out new things, but Apple is pretty good at releasing stable OSs.

My other Mac, with FCP and Adobe CS, is still Leopard - 2 OSs behind. Can't afford to break those.

this is cool

Email: webmasters@digit-idea.com

Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    Sad thing was it caused me to have to buy a current copy of Fetch, after 15 years of using the fee vers, from back in the day when utility software was free.

OK in contrast to this, I got a new MacBook Pro and opened it up yesterday as well. Mac OS booted up perfectly, all was beautiful and really fast. But my plan was to install bootcamp with Win 7.

I bought the upgrade for Win7, knowing that I already own a WinXP license. I followed the instructions which told me that I have to do a custom install since there is no direct upgrade path from XP -> 7. After about 30 minutes of senseless questions and waiting, I got to the license point, which I entered, only to get an "invalid license" error. Another 20 minutes researching Microsoft's site and I find that I have to install XP first, then install 7 over top of it to activate the license properly. There is no other way to enter the XP license key and validate that I can legitimately use the 7 upgrade.

Extremely frustrating, since I did actually pay for the licenses for both XP and 7. Now I have to start all over, remove Win7, install XP, then install 7 over top of it. I am thinking I may just migrate my stuff to Mac permanently.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

I gave away my last Windows machine 3 1/2 years ago.

I did e-mail on it. I did Quicken, until Quicken came up with a web based service. I surfed some web pages. I might have downloaded some files.

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    i wana go back to snow leopard but cant so im holding out for the next update to lion, they have already two updated versions so far, but im not risking installing them quite yet
    Dade Williams

While I don't believe that any of my misfortunes will or would be fixed by updates, I wish warnings about breaking old Power PC Apps (read ADOBE) had been more clear.

I bought my first Mac in 1985, and my most recent in 2010. I don't throw away useful tools - like PhotoShop since 1995 and inDesign since 2003 - just because it is a new season. It's much harder upgrading Adobe products these days since most are bundled in CS this or that.

I like to have redundant software on both of my computers, so I can have a backup tool in case of emergencies while on the road. Now, I'm a couple of layers more exposed when it comes to backups.

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    i wish i had cloned my drive prior to going to lion, however i was running the betas and never experienced crap i am now, oh well, some issues were fixed when i installed safari beta less ram consumption
    Dade Williams

i mean at one point i had 10 tabs open and safari was using 800mb and safari web content was using just over 200mb, i installed beta same tabs all open and i was down to 300 combined
    Dade Williams

So far -

1) Downloads occur in a parasite window, rather than the familiar separate downloads window.

2) Downloads fail to write, but right-click, Show In Finder does show the file. Double click on the filename does cause it to download again and open.

3) DVD Player crashed after the First Play.

4) Safari often goes Not Responding.

5) DVDxDV has an update, which won't save.

enjoy nick muwhahahahah as for the safari issue, it gets better in the latest update..... however still have issues like non-responding, they have safari split in two one for the browser window and one for content
    Dade Williams

wo0t an update has been released
    Dade Williams

Done. Now waiting to learn what it fixed.

I also change my Software Update preferences to DAILY!

Any decent man you ever get is gonna find out you're half dyke and RUN.
    Quote Originally Posted by HunkMoneyLuke View Post
    OK in contrast to this, I got a new MacBook Pro and opened it up yesterday as well. Mac OS booted up perfectly, all was beautiful and really fast. But my plan was to install bootcamp with Win 7.

I bought the upgrade for Win7, knowing that I already own a WinXP license. I followed the instructions which told me that I have to do a custom install since there is no direct upgrade path from XP -> 7. After about 30 minutes of senseless questions and waiting, I got to the license point, which I entered, only to get an "invalid license" error. Another 20 minutes researching Microsoft's site and I find that I have to install XP first, then install 7 over top of it to activate the license properly. There is no other way to enter the XP license key and validate that I can legitimately use the 7 upgrade.

Extremely frustrating, since I did actually pay for the licenses for both XP and 7. Now I have to start all over, remove Win7, install XP, then install 7 over top of it. I am thinking I may just migrate my stuff to Mac permanently.
    Luke,

Just do what I did. Buy the OEM version for $100. Probably less that you paid for the upgrade.

it didn't do much, but .2 will be out soon enough
    Dade Williams