Thread: So Will TouchPad Buyers Get Full Refunds?

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar

So Will TouchPad Buyers Get Full Refunds?

HP has officially killed webOS. Offed it with two dinky sentences in a dinky little press release. It's sad, sure. But what about everyone who bought the $500 (then $450, then $400) hunk of now-scrap metal that's called TouchPad?

Read More Over at Gizmodo
    Dade Williams

If you are in Australia, the answer is yes! Harvey Norman, the exclusive retailer for the tablet, said overnight that they will refund their ~1000 units sold, or replace them with similar items:

“We’ll offer customers a full refund virtually with no questions asked in regards to lost packaging and so on...Either that or we’ll swap it or whatever they want to do to remain happy. No customer of Harvey Norman will be disadvantaged.”

Good on 'em!
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    sounds like a stand up shop
    Dade Williams

apparently they tried running web os on ipad2 and it ran super fast even through the safari browser as well such hardware limitations brought them down as well ;p i kind of liked the interface, why did they spend all that cash on ads with celebs only to drop it
    Dade Williams

How long have you been gay? adultsitecms's Avatar
    The price of Technolust.

arch they dropped to 99 bucks for the 16gb one and i can't find one online ;( this sucks if anyone in the states wants to grab me one bec jayden ?
    Dade Williams

Big Hands/Big Feet=Expensive shoes & gloves!
    Ironically amazon.com is NOW selling the 16 gig unit for only $100.00
    Staples and some others are supposedly dropping prices on both the 16 & 32 gig tomorrow. Cheap price for a non supported tablet.

i don't see it on amazon for that can you get a direct link of rme?
    Dade Williams

i gotta friend going down to one store to see if he can grab one up, i think i may head to another store see if i can get it just in case
    Dade Williams

Quote Originally Posted by x0pa View Post
    i don't see it on amazon for that can you get a direct link of rme?
    They sold out of em fast! The only ones selling them currently for the price now is to walk in to a wallmart and microcenter..just got this off of slickdeals.net:

"Places that WILL Pricematch/Reduce Price

WALMART - IN STORE DETAILS

In store the price will ring up at $599.99

They do not price match their website as their policy clearly says.

HOWEVER, ask the manager to check their new "markdown" list for electronics.

The price shows up on their list for the department managers to mark down. Most managers are not in until Monday morning though. So, ask them if they can process the markdown for the department. They can then adjust the store system to show the corrected price at $149.00 (32Gb version) and it will ring up at $149.00.

** Worked in Fort Gratiot, MI **
    (woot! Fort Gratiot! My hometown!)

**Also confirmed to work in Terre Haute, IN**
    **Has not yet worked in Farmingdale, NY. Phoned up and one person said that they would not price match, even if the price changed, which is a lie. I'm guessing it switches tomorrow.**

================================================== ================================

MICROCENTER IN-STORE"

i lucked out and i got mine its pretty sweet
    Dade Williams

I don't understand, why would you want one?
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

good hardware cheap price, maybe slap android on it down the road?

its still good for a good price heh and a good community of apps and its pretty open

why not? heh apparently hp is going to continue the life of webos just not make the device so updates and more stuff in the store
    Dade Williams

I know there are a lot of people that literally bought several of them with the intent of selling them MUCH higher on Ebay and Craigslist.
    They got the 16 gig ones for $99. Everyone sold out then barnes and noble came out with a bunch available earlier this evening and they sold out in like 3 hours!

HP says they are going to have more available on their website today to buy.
    16 gig at $99 and 32 gig at $149..people are buying them thinking the general public don't know hp is discontinuing this product and will make big profits by reselling them.

i dunno everyone who was standing at the doors waiting for best buy to open its doors and ran down the aisle with me all knew as for selling on kijiji im trying to get my hands on another one for a friend bastards are playing games on there ;p they say ya i have one but then you can't get ahold of them pfft and ppl message me about my "WANTED" ad and ask if im selling one :wife:
    Dade Williams