Thread: July 4th Celebration Plans?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

July 4th Celebration Plans?

To all the US webmasters we have among us what have you got planned for July 4th in 3 days time?

Gary and I will be heading over to his aunts again this year for the annual family get together

Should be an interesting time

Regards,

Lee

sarahwebinc
    ocassionally going up to a British friend and saying 'ha ha'

Sana Chan
    Thanks to a timely pay check, I will be blowing shit up!

Me, Tala, and her husband will be playing with explosives at her house after I get off of work. I've got sparklers and a package deal of fireworks, then my favorite firework of all!! Its call Purple Rain (yes, I'm a prince fan). Its so cool, when you light it you will get four different effects.

So thats what I'll be doing.

Sana

Scorpio
    We'll have a pool party here at the house on Sunday. So hopefully, i'm gonna have some fun

Rainbo1956
    Let's see...

Fishing, beers, relaxing....bbq'ing at the neighbors, more fishing, few more beers :thumbsup:

There'll be fireworks Fri, Sat and Sun night on the lake here.
    They're awesome, but our poor dogs :ohoh: they can't stand it

We don't usually go anywhere for a summer holiday....
    this is why View from house we're building

View from our other house next door we're living in while we build

Well, I'm in computer hell right now, so I'll be spending most of it trying to get my system working again - but I did pick up some stuff to BBQ... though since Che has to work the 4th we'll probably grill stuff either tonite or tomorrow.

As to the computer ... I had this nice raid board I'd picked up and been holding to upgrade with, needed some DDR Ram, a larger hard drive and wanted XP for it first though. Ok, have a new drive ... so got some DDR coming off Ebay, but had enuff of a stick here to at least get the system started, so popped on over and grabbed XP Upgrade. I setup the new board - and it lights up, checks thru the drives, and zip on the video screen. I know for a fact that all my components work. Ram, videocard, cpu, new power box, etc all check out fine in other systems. There's no beep, nadda. Fans run fine. Resetting ram and agp card - still no video, or beep or beeps.

So, I say fuck it, go back to my old board, get drives etc moved around, fdisk and format the new drive and go to setup with ME first so I can use my XP upgrade. NINE FUCKIN TRIES so far to get ME to install without hangin or errors out ass once it finally tries to get to the desktop........ I'm like beyond having any patience left. I can't see a scratch or a ding, cleaned and tried 2 dif cd drives, with same disastrous results.

So, I guess I'm looking at taking back the Upgrade, and ploppin down another 100$ to get the full install and hopefully get my programs and internet back up and then the fun of slaving on old drives and saving my webfiles. Gawd.

Whoever Murphy is ... I hate his guts ...and his laws.

desslock
    probably just writing movie reviews :umm:

Rainbo1956
    Originally posted by Bec

Whoever Murphy is ... I hate his guts ...and his laws.
    ROFL!!!
    I always say Murphy is a close personal friend of mine...NOT by choice mind you...he just likes fricking hanging out with me for some damn reason!

I hope you get it all sorted out.
    But, listen...."do" take some time away from it...no matter what...it'll be there when you get back. (snub your nose at Murphy)
    Have the best weekend you can!

Dawgy
    i'm going to be in canada, eh. im tempted to wear something patriotic, but id like to live. so. hmm. maybe ill just quietly have a beer.

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    i hope nothing
    otherwise i'll be in a fight with the "in-laws" im hoping to avoid them till wednesday

Rainbo1956
    Originally posted by Dawgy
    i'm going to be in canada, eh. im tempted to wear something patriotic, but id like to live. so. hmm. maybe ill just quietly have a beer.
    Hehe...I was in Canada for the 1976 4th of July, (Bicentennial)
    It was a Sunday and nothing was open or happening...
    Lomg story short, my firend and I ended up getting deported (he did, I was "asked" to leave........Loooong story...but, we had fun!!!

Bell
    Originally posted by Scorpio
    We'll have a pool party here at the house on Sunday. So hopefully, i'm gonna have some fun

you KNOW what I am PICTURING floating in the pool...
    dontcha ??

LOL !!!

~Bell

BDBionic
    a Baby Ruth bar?

Bell
    I'll be going to 2 cookouts...

writing text picture captions...
    writing text pages for SEO...
    purging old links from a tgp...
    swapping out some sponsor links...
    finishing up some site reviews...

- - - and looking for more sites that will permit access
    and be willing to accept a geniune review and not a kissass-one...

and doing some family ancestory online work for someone close to me...

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday...

~Bell

p.s. BEC - so sorry to hear you are having such a terrible time
    with all the computer problems... if I had a spare one here I'd
    ship it to you in a heartbeat... and if I had the spare $$
    I'd send it to you now - in exchange for 5 site designs in the
    future... but alas I haven't the ability to do either... sorrry
    sweets... good luck to you in getting your situation resolved...

is there anything I could be doing from my house to help you
    catch up or stay on top of any projects ?? - just tell me
    whatever you need... if it's something I know how to do -
    I'll do it...

BEC - so sorry to hear you are having such a terrible time
    with all the computer problems... if I had a spare one here I'd
    ship it to you in a heartbeat... and if I had the spare $$
    I'd send it to you now - in exchange for 5 site designs in the
    future... but alas I haven't the ability to do either... sorrry
    sweets... good luck to you in getting your situation resolved...

is there anything I could be doing from my house to help you
    catch up or stay on top of any projects ?? - just tell me
    whatever you need... if it's something I know how to do -
    I'll do it...
    Thanks hon ... but what I need to do webwise you couldn't help out with right now.

I finally remembered 2 other times I had so many problems installing the OS, and it came down to failing ram the first time and a failing motherboard the second time. So, armed with that renewed knowledge, I pulled out the old system of che's, moved the new drive to it, put in a new power supply, cleaned it up and tested my theory. Sure enough, ME intalled without a whimper or glitch. So something in MY system is failing, but hasn't failed to the point where I know which part it is yet.

I'll rig the old puter up enuff so I can at least get back to work and hopefully be able to figure out why the new board I got isn't giving me any video and be able to finish upgrading that one to a much faster system - a faster processor, GIG of ram, plus have the option to use the raid part for either backing up stuff or running 3-4 hard drives and keeping my design stuff off the same drive as the OS, as Che's old one is definately a major leap backwards in what I need to handle all my web graphics programs and internet needs.