Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sponsors who give content,please read

sponsors who give content,please read

in view of this proposed new law, we would need to have i.d. for all models on hand with the places that that model's pics are shown.

of programs who post here, i have content from pridebucks, intensecash, topbucks - maybe others, but those i am sure of. i have no i.d. for any of this content, although i do have custodial info. but i have no i.d. for any of those programs' content.

so how about it, program reps and owners? will we have i.d. provided for the models? and i believe it refers to banners as well, since they have images...

BDBionic
    Good question. As I operate a site with an ample amount of sponsor content. And a lot of it not even the standard sets in hosted galleries or free content available on the affiliate program website.

Suffice to say, an ample amount of record keeping/exchanging would be required!

And... what of TGPs? Has this law completely erased any possible legality in owning and operating a TGP? How on earth are they supposed to get all that? No more thumbnails? All text links so there's nothing but text on the TGP itself, linking through to galleries hosted elsewhere and thus no longer within the realm of the TGP owner's responsibility?

Know what I mean, Vern?

don't forget banners - mostly they have photographs on them.

it might eradicate thumbnail preview tgps, although perhaps lawyers will find that it is legal to have a thumbnail preview tgp if only faces are shown, no penetration, nudity or cumshots. as far as text tgps, i can't see why it would affect them more than any other website...

baddog
    you really think that content providers are going to start giving out the personal info of every model to anyone that spent $5 on a set of pics?

Suggest waiting to see if law is passed, and it it is, expect huge changes on the licensing of content . . . . just my $.02

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Basschick we are already speaking to our lawyers about this

Should have some solid info for you within the next few days

Obviously as the majority of the free content we give to our affiliates is exclusive to us we are in a slightly better position than some other affiliate programs but you are right to be concerned just as we were when this law was passed.

Regards,

Lee

Drag is when a man wears everything a lesbian won't. Harlan's Avatar
    Yes Basschick,

Our lawyers on are on it as well.

The vast majority of our content is shot in house so in the event this is passed into law, we will be in a position to provide our webmasters what they need to be able to use it with confidence and compliance.
    PrideBucks - the home of CircleJerkBoys, TrueTwinks, BoysGoneBad & MenOver30.com

Originally posted by baddog
    you really think that content providers are going to start giving out the personal info of every model to anyone that spent $5 on a set of pics?

Suggest waiting to see if law is passed, and it it is, expect huge changes on the licensing of content . . . . just my $.02
    There are many more questions then answers at this point but as far as content providers are concerned, I know all sets purchased from us at BoyContent.com already come with the required documentaion.
    The same can be said for MaxPixels and Ounique. BoyContent & MaxPixels (and I don't know about Ounique but knowing what a stand-up guy Don is, I'm willing to venture this includes them also), to protect the model's privacy, we block out the models address and other non-compliant requred personal information.
    Last edited by Harlan; 07-01-2004 at 07:41 AM.
    PrideBucks - the home of CircleJerkBoys, TrueTwinks, BoysGoneBad & MenOver30.com

harlan, if we wait till the law is passed till sponsors decide what to do, people will go to jail. once it's passed, i believe there won't be any waiting time as this IS the waiting time. i figure it is likely to pass since it does not impede free speech.

baddog, most of the content providers i buy from provide i.d. including rockbottomcontent, maxpixels, bargainbasementcontent and ounique. also pixmasters is currently putting together all the i.d.s from their disks to give to webmasters who have bought their content.

Originally posted by basschick
    harlan, if we wait till the law is passed till sponsors decide what to do, people will go to jail. once it's passed, i believe there won't be any waiting time as this IS the waiting time. i figure it is likely to pass since it does not impede free speech.
    Basschick: within a few hours of learning the news, we were on the phone to our lawyers. No one is suggesting waiting until the law is passed but I do think it's reasonable to allow sponsors a few days to get consul from our lawyers after all, we face the same risks you do. I'm sure all sponsors who offer free content will make their positions clealry known as soon as we have heard from our lawyers and can make informed decisions.

Dawgy
    ive always provided copies of ID along with Model Release & other relevant info. of course the model's details are blocked out. i do get a lot of content from other places tho that dont block out the model's private info. that in itself is very dangerous, and if this new law passes, im sure we'll see more stupidity like that...

harlan - of course! i was referring to your earlier comment. no one wants sponsors to make a decision without their attorneys - that would help no one :-(

dawgy - that was a concern to me. i also have i.d. with the models' full addresses and that worries me. on the other hand, how much can one legally deface an i.d. before it is no longer valid in court as birth date verification? i used to have a club/bar manager license, and we were told back then that any defacement of i.d. invalidated it...

but having a bunch of guys stalk the models, or having the models' addresses given to strangers who happen to be webmasters isn't good, either. hopefully the models will start to all get p.o. boxes :-/

Dawgy
    but having a bunch of guys stalk the models, or having the models' addresses given to strangers who happen to be webmasters isn't good, either. hopefully the models will start to all get p.o. boxes :-/
    ... 90% of models cant even spell their own name, u think theyll get a pobox? surely the privacy laws will allow us to block out their address & phone number on a copy of an ID? as long as the producer retains an unmodified copy?

at some point, one of the two laws has to give in to the other... we cannot be forced to comply with both, because that would be impossible. how do u not violate privacy laws, without modifying the id?

dale, don't forget - this is an election year. they don't care about the models rights or privacy, and cp is probably not their biggest concern - being re-elected is. otherwise we'd have a well-thought out law - one that finally truly protects against cp in realistic ways.

Dawgy
    dale, don't forget - this is an election year. they don't care about the models rights or privacy, and cp is probably not their biggest concern - being re-elected is. otherwise we'd have a well-thought out law - one that finally truly protects against cp in realistic ways.
    so true. *sigh*

im in ontario right now, and lemme tell ya, i think i may just leave the US if bush gets another term.

BDBionic
    I think the best hope is that this all drags out long enough, GWB loses the Nov election and proposed regulation changes from a lame duck administration get left by the wayside.

here's hopin! *crosses fingers*