View Poll Results: How were your summer sales this year?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Summer Slowdown is real - sales were down

1 20.00%
  • Cruised right through - about the same sales

4 80.00%
  • Summer sales were up - HOT HOT HOT

0 0%

Thread: summer slowdown: fact or fiction

summer slowdown: fact or fiction

We all know about the traditional summer slowdown with sales to membership sites, but I am wondering if this still rings true. With all the changes in demographics of online users, plus the influx of new mobile users, and of course the popularity of social networking keeping people online for more time in 2011, did you actually see a summer slowdown this year?

Let's find out if the traditional summer slowdown was a reality in 2011, or if its nothing more relevant than an AOL dial-up floppy!
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I just ran a sales report yesterday for the summer season. We're up 90% from last year. But, I won't go there, it's our problem - not the summer.

One thing that I have learned over the past 2 years on being in the industry. There are 2 times of the year where slow downs happen... December / January. And the summer.

The summer hit usually hits about mid to late May. That means early to mid April you have to have a marketing plan in tact. Do what your doing and then some. You have to get all of your routes based. If not, you will get hit by the slow down.
    Just because customer A is at the beach sipping on margarita's doesn't mean Customer B is sitting in front of the computer with his penis in his hand. And Customer C may be at a club on the beach not sure what he wants to do. But he's drunk, heads home, he's bored, so he fiddle farts around on the net.

Customer B and C want you but can't find you. You've got to help them find you. This means more advertising. You want to get Customer C in the mood. You want to get Customer B because he's already wanting to get off.

For the Christmas slowdown, this is where you need to do more than what your doing, but not too much more. 80% of the american population spend several days with their family. 10% of the american population spend time with their closest friends or in-laws. 5% are at home alone. 5% are out traveling and such with their friends, significant other, etc. No matter what, at this time you will have a slowdown but if you play your cards right you can get them and at least stay stable.

Overall our sales is up from last year. But we rolled out a new site. I would base things saying we're even or close to it. But we're well up from last year.

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I have a diversified product line - VOD, DVD, eBooks.

Two months in 2011 had spikes because of DVD sales. Otherwise, month-by-month is about even.

Up over 2010, which I attributed to people being engrossed in the US Election in Aug, September, October, 2010.