Thread: Introduce Ourselves

On the other hand.... You have different fingers

Introduce Ourselves

I was looking on another forum, I seen where they are having do an introduction and tell a little bit about each other. I thought, hey! This is a great idea. We all know each other on here, but I got to thinking... What does one really do? Maybe we can network with each other? Tell a little about each others roles in the industry. Etc.

I think this would be awesome and maybe perhaps hopefully Luke will make it a sticky for a while.

I will post with mine first....

Hi there

My name is Nate, many call me Jayden. The name came from the PhillyFratLive.com site (that was my stage name at that time). I do prefer to be called Nate. Yes, Nate is both my real and stage name now.

I started in the industry 2 years ago. I was offered to become a live cam model just at the 1yr anniversary mark of PhillyFratLive.com. I lived in the house for 2 weeks and needed some cash to make my car payments and stuff. I offered to help in the office. I worked in the office for 2 weeks. The PFL house supervisor left. I took over. A month later I became the assistant bitch. Now 2 years later I am the VP of AmAd Media Distribution, INC.

I have many duties. I am one of the few affiliate reps. I manage the marketing & advertising. I am pretty much the owners bitch. I do a bit of everything from video editing all the way up to still modeling to this day.

I am a full-time student studying Accounting as well.

That's me

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    ill try and remember to call you nate
    Dade Williams

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    Or JJ.

But that isn't 8 words.

language is my whore, my mistress, my check-out girl. conran's Avatar
    Well, I guess most here know me already, but I'll add to the thread anyway.
    And Nate, my records are amended, if I email you and call you Jayden again you have permission to bitch-slap me. :yes:

I'm Conran, I live and work in the UK.
    I spent ten years in the security industry, but wanted out due to the unsociable hours, lack of future career options and general environment. I didn't find it very challenging or stimulating any more.
    So in late 2009 I started BlokeToys.co.uk with a friend in an attempt to kick start a part-time business while I continued working full-time.
    This also took me into investigating affiliate blogging, and being the sponge of information I tend to be I found myself picking up a whole lot of information rather quickly.

In late 2010 I collapsed due to a heart condition. Due to my young age it was taking months to investigate with tests, but it was established early on that I had a heart condition, a blood pressure problem and an overly-responsive nervous system. Therefore I was no longer suitable for the position I had.
    While I was off work I decided that claiming disability would not be an option for me if it was decided that I couldn't return to work at all, and due to my extreme boredom I began blogging full-time and soon considered how this could lead to an income in other ways while I waited for the traffic and sales to escalate.

Because of my love of writing (writing creatively from the age of fifteen), I considered that I could combine the two and be a paid writer for other affiliates and site owners. My friend helped me out again and pushed me in the right direction and I started GayContentWriter without really knowing if it would work or not. But I could see that there was a gap in the market, and that no others were actively filling it in the communities I had found.
    I figured that all I needed was to cover my bills and then I'd at least have a chance to consider my next move or wait for a health solution to allow me to return to work.

That was (almost) a year ago, and since then I have built up a healthy client list and replaced my income completely. I've built many friendships and business relationships, my own affiliate sales are increasing to provide a secondary income, and BlokeToys is growing also (extremely slowly).
    I've cut my hours in half, I feel healthier, I enjoy what I'm doing... generally life is good.

I'm now looking at developing BlokeRetail to encompass everything I do, and bringing in the friend who kicked it all off for me as a partner.

It's very odd that something you think could be the end of you suddenly becomes the start of a completely new life.
    Tips for adult blogging: Adult Affiliate Blog
    Add Another Income Stream: Sell Adult Toys
    Fleshjack, Butt Plugs and more great Mens Sex Toys from a UK Men Only Shop
    Primary business: Gay Content Writer

Quote Originally Posted by conran View Post
    And Nate, my records are amended, if I email you and call you Jayden again you have permission to bitch-slap me. :yes:
    Don't tempt me, I'd bitch-slap you but you might like that too much!
    I respond to either name. It's completely okay.

Quote Originally Posted by conran View Post
    Because of my love of writing (writing creatively from the age of fifteen), I considered that I could combine the two and be a paid writer for other affiliates and site owners. My friend helped me out again and pushed me in the right direction and I started GayContentWriter without really knowing if it would work or not.
    It's obviously working for you. You've been writing for us 2 months now. We love your work. I brought you in for TheBarebackPig... I was on receipt of the emails JJ sent you about bringing you in full-time on storyline writing for the videos on the re-do site we're doing.
    I feel like we're boozum buddies now!

You do very well at story writing. Not many can. I know I cant. It's a very special talent you have there. Cherish it!