Thread: Any Photoshop Gurus Out There

Dzinerbear

Any Photoshop Gurus Out There

Hi all,

I just deleted a bunch of layers in a Photoshop file. I meant to save the file as something else and rename it, so I'd still have the original. I hit save instead.

I haven't shut down Photoshop yet. Is there anything I can do to get the original file back? I thought I read something somewhere about going into your cache or something.

Anyone?
    Dzinerbear

Dawgy
    depending on your version of photoshop, and what you have your history limit set to, u can go all the way back to when u first opened it & save it again, then go forward, and save as...

Dzinerbear
    Yeah, except I had already closed the actual file, so the history's gone. Thanks anyway.

I'm using Photoshop 7

Dzinerbear

Jasun
    Sorry, man... unless there's something I'm unaware of (which ion Photoshop is rare) you're SOL.

that sucks

Scorpio
    Yep i'm afraid you can't do anything about it... if you closed the file, then you can't retrieve the previous version of it

Or maybe someone knows something?
    What i did 3 months ago when it happened to me... i did a System restore to a earlier time (Windows XP) and i got the file back.
    But when i tried 3 weeks ago, it didn't work.

Dzinerbear
    Thanks guys,
    Yeah, I thought of doing a system restore to yesterday's date, but I already did a bunch of other work that I wouldn't want to lose or be bothered saving to disk and going back and forth. It's no biggie.

Thanks
    Dzinerbear