Thread: Save $$$ when upgrading to iPhone 4S

Save $$$ when upgrading to iPhone 4S

If you are a current iPhone user and plan on upgrading to the new iPhone 4S, make sure you check out the Apple Recycling Program page, you can get hundreds of dollars in Apple gift cards for turning in your old iPhone.

I did a test and a typical iPhone 4 in working order with a few scratches will give you a $140 credit, thats almost the full price of a new contracted 16GB iPhone 4S ($199).

iPhones as well as iPads and Mac or PC desktops and notebook computers qualify for the Apple Reuse and Recycling Program. Get more info and your online quote from http://store.apple.com/us/browse/reuse_and_recycle
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I bought an unlocked iPhone4 in the UK, ready to be used with any carrier, monthly contract, or pay as you go (tethering doesn't work with pay as you go).

When I return home to the US, it will be nice to use in its natural state as well.

I wonder where T-Mobile or the dreaded AT+T are with unlocked PAYG iPhones!

Don't forget, Sprint now has iPhones too! More choice = better chance of getting what you want!
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director

Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    That's news! A Google search on "Sprint iPhone" was mostly about the anticipated Oct 7 release date of the iPhone5, which did not happen.

But it appears that something will happen in the next 6-9 months.

All good news, except that in Hollywood, I left Sprint because of the ratio of dropped calls. But Pay As You Go is worth the $10 investment.

If you have an unlocked phone, you should be able to pick up ANY payg chip and use it, but its just a matter of which payg plans also give you data (if you want to use your phone for any data).
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director

iPhone uses micro SIM. To begin to use another PAYG SIM, you have to have a knife and trim off the extra plastic. Then it's a matter of the Phone being able to recognize the carrier's signal and freq.

http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile...cro-sim-681020

oh of course, I forgot about US mobile phone networks being so crazy like that. My mistake, but it sounds like you have done some good research.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director

Yes! But no concrete answers. I am sort of looking forward to your lead on Sprint to be a possible option.

There are Google search results about flying under the radar with AT+T, getting a PAYG SIM, but not telling them it's for your iPhone.