Thread: Are Toplist Websites Still Worth Building?

Are Toplist Websites Still Worth Building?

Is anyone here running, or have recently run, toplist scripts/sites? If so, do you feel they are still worth building? Is there decent traffic generated from and to them? I have a couple 'toplist' type domain names, and trying to decide whether to keep them and
    1. actually install a toplist script, something like what JMB sells for $25

2. keep them and do a "fake" html page that looks like a toplist site (I know that this cuts out the traffic trade benefit, but does fit the domain name without waiting for the script to actually get submissions)

or 3. let them expire

Anyone have thoughts or suggestions?

How long have you been gay? Three hundred and sixty-five had come and went
    I don't know but I definitely want to give it a shoot and integrate some toplists into the network we are currently building. On one of our existing sites, a toplist is among the top 10 of traffic generators. So there still must be people out there using them. I'm pretty sure it's, like with most other things, a matter of quality. If the links and sites on your toplists are interesting and not cluttered with flashing spam banners, I'm sure it can work out.

I have never been able to setup / run a successful toplist, maybe its just me!
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

I'm not even sure how to get other sites to participate. Do they just eventually fall over your domain url and go "oh hey, I can put my site here too" ??

How long have you been gay?
    I've run some toplists before. I've lost patience cause I didn't promote very hard.. It seems like an adult toplist would be easy though and not very hard to get new members. Aardvark topsites script works great.

Yes, that's the script I used for one of my toplist sites. Just how does one promote a toplist site? any suggestions?