Thread: Android Apps

I've got more gay in my little pinky, than you have in your entire body

Android Apps

I got myself a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10 (horrible mouthful of a name, where was their marketing department?), and really like it. It is even better than the Ipad(s) I have tried. Best of all, you do not need Itunes and it can play all kinds of AVI and WMV videos.

Now I am wondering if you can develop X rated apps for these things? In the marketplace there seems to be nothing at all.
    Bert

TwinkPay

Apparently, you can build and submit apps to Android's store. I'm surprised that you couldn't find any. They aren't nearly as strict as Apple on their app approving process....hmm.
    Flirt4Free || Account Executive
    ph: 916-672-TOFU (8638)
    twitter: tofu916

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    so u have an android tablet and you think its better then iPad, please tell me some good tablet apps for android i have a sony android tablet and its a little boring since no good apps are really out there, one which i bought and im pist about is logmein soooo much better on an iPad horrible on android

why doesn't android market place make a clear section for just tablet apps?

did you know the HP Touchpad has more tablet apps then android and more keep getting added
    Dade Williams

I'm not gay; I'm British!
    True a lot of the apps are `made for Froyo/Gingerbread' which was `made for phones'. Homeycomb was `made for tablets' and Ice Cream Sandwich (v4) will supposedly bring it all together!

I searched for `tablet' and found some that were supposed to be designed for Tablets.

But a section like `Made for Tablets' would be great - or even a `logo' so you could see at a glance if an app was made for a tablet.

At least you get a 15 minutes try before you buy - where you can uninstall any paid app within 15 minutes and Google just refunds your money (used to be 24 hours but they changed it to 15 minutes a while back). Not too good for complicated apps but a good deal if you download say a weather app and it continually crashes or can't find your city which you will know within the refund window.

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    omg are you serious thats awesome, i will keep that in mind i thought i had seen a refund button but never saw it later on kind of wondered....

thanks for the tip
    Dade Williams

I haven't bought any apps yet. I tried a number of free ones, mainly for work. I will use the thing mainly for email and webbrowsing and the built-in browser, calendar app and email app work very well with Gmail. I never play games, so that's not much of an issue. For me ability to play videos of all kinds is very important and that works very well.

It also has something called "Pulse", some sort of glorified RSS reader, very nice to catch up on news. DropBox works well, and you can play music from it through the built in player app.

I got the Roboform app but find it confusing, it seems to use its own built in web browser? If anybody can help with that, it will be much appreciated. That said, a tablet section in the Android the marketplace would be very nice. Is there a tablet app for Spotify? Couldn't figure that out yet.
    Bert

TwinkPay

I would rather flipboard vz pulse IMHO
    Dade Williams

What is Pulse? I could not find this in the Marketplace.

I figured out you can easily install any apps from any website. Just need to change one setting. That opens a world of opportunities. So now I have Spotify!
    Bert

TwinkPay

details please just sold my hp touchpad as cm7 was early alpha released ahh well
    Dade Williams

I have the droid charge and love it. Internet on it rocks in 4g and since my business is flash and it doesn't need a mobile version of a site to see it, the phone is awesome

ePayServices
    brett@epayservices.com

I'm not gay; I'm British!
    Quote Originally Posted by x0pa View Post
    omg are you serious thats awesome, i will keep that in mind i thought i had seen a refund button but never saw it later on kind of wondered....

thanks for the tip
    No need to `refund' just uninstall the app (through SETTINGS / MANAGE APPLICATIONS), and it works out you want a refund. Of course if you then repurchase you don't get a 2nd trial :shame:

And as `asiaboy' said if you have an application that isn't available when you search for it in the market, if you can find the .apk online you can just download it and install it (Usual caveats of using d/l software and bypassing the market etc). Like Spotify which may not show up if your device is in a country where Spotify is not, find the .apk and install it and you have Spotify!