Thread: 93,000 Playstation & Sony Network accounts hacked

93,000 Playstation & Sony Network accounts hacked

If you have a Playstation or Sony Network account, its time to double check it to make sure it wasn't one of the 90,000 accounts that were recently hacked.

Sony's Chief IT Security officer posted a message last night saying that hackers compromised 60,000 PlayStation Network and 33,000 Sony Online Entertainment network accounts. FYI, that is less than one tenth of one percent (0.1%) of the PSN, SEN and SOE accounts. Sony has already locked these accounts and reset their passwords.

The statement confirmed that no credit card information is stored or retrievable from these accounts, but it might have been possible that unauthorised charges were made against the "wallets" on these hacked accounts. Sony has promised to refund any such losses.

Full story is at http://gay.gl/fe
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    yeah i never store that info on account anymore plus you need password for any purchase , this sucks cause it seems to keep happening at least sony gave me free identity theft protection for a year mind you...
    Dade Williams

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    my account was one of them
    Dade Williams

Quote Originally Posted by x0pa View Post
    my account was one of them
    So how did you find out? did they email you or call you?

my sony tablet wouldn't log me in to a sony service nor did my ps3 and then i got an email
    Dade Williams

i was smart i used my same password as before
    Dade Williams