Thread: Pissed at CGI; help please!

DigitalJay

Angry Pissed at CGI; help please!

I decided to install a cgi portal script on my .com, and so far I have had no luck! I keep getting internal server errors and shit. I'm on dialup, so deleting it and starting over is pissing me off extremely! Does anyone know anything about this type of stuff? I really, really need some help, ASAP. I want to get this thing working tonight!

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Most common errors is the wrong chmod for the file or folder or if you uploaded them using ftp in auto mode and didn't upload in aschii..

Least that's what usually got me.

HTH
    Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Bell

Re: Pissed at CGI; help please!

Originally posted by DigitalJay
    I decided to install a cgi portal script on my .com, and so far I have had no luck! I keep getting internal server errors and shit. I'm on dialup, so deleting it and starting over is pissing me off extremely! Does anyone know anything about this type of stuff? I really, really need some help, ASAP. I want to get this thing working tonight!
    does your host have your account set up to allow cgi installs ??

~Bell

DigitalJay
    I chmod'd everything. I don't know what else to do to it.

Bell; Yes, cgi-bin is all setup and ready to go.

I figured out the program has installation docs that you have to download seperately, in PDF format only! So I downloaded Acrobat Reader (took an hour on stupid dialup) and the fucking setup is corrupted or something, gives me error messages when i startup the prog. So I have no way to read the install docs.

Great... :boom:

Pixxxel
    What program is it that you're trying to install?

Like others have said, make sure you uploaded in ASCII, as sometimes FTP programs don't do well differentiating the different file types, and might upload them in binary, which will mess the file up. Also, try messing with the permissions of the files, sometimes on different servers you need different permissions.

And, if you can tell us where the install files are, one of us with Acrobat can read them for you and send you the instructions (if you want I can do that).

Michael

DigitalJay
    I've checked the ascii vs bin on all uploads and triple checked chmods too.

Thanks in advance if ya do help me with the docs, i can only read .txt or .doc files, but the program is

WebApp - www.web-app.org

DigitalJay
    OK, I finally got it! Thanks for the help you all! Do you like the script? It's a cute little portal script that dosn't require php.

DigitalJay
    http://pinkteamgay.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi

The portal is installed! What do you all think? Like it? Look at all that empty space for me to spend days and days filling!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Cool glad to see you got it fixed in the end

You know another cool portal script that we found a few months ago is www.xoops.org

Regards,

Lee