Thread: Firefox 8 Now Available

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar

Firefox 8 Now Available

Firefox 8 officially releases on Mozilla's site on November 8th, but technology blog GHacks discovered this morning that the Firefox 8.0 final version is already available for download for Windows, Mac, and Linux on Mozilla's FTP servers.
    The biggest new feature is that Firefox itself now handles third party add-on installations to avoid security problems from sketchy extensions. Also included in the new version is built-in support to search Twitter messages in the browser's address bar.

Only a few of the normal Firefox mirror sites have version 8 available and the FTP servers will probably be hit hard between now and the official release on Tuesday. If you're not in a hurry you may want to wait for then.

Firefox 8.0 is a free download for Windows, Mac, and Linux from Mozilla's FTP server at the link below.
    Firefox 8.0 FTP Server | Source: LifeHacker
    Dade Williams

firefox just forced itself to update on my computer to version 8, right in the middle of an active session too....no warning or asking if I wanted to upgrade.

Well, guess I will be using version 8 now. I think I will download chrome tonight.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    without asking.... safari is awesome use that chrome backup firefox if you have to though its memory usage has improved from what i can tell odd time i used it

used to have flash not installed in lion and just used chrome for flash, but flash latest update seems to have fixed those issues
    Dade Williams