Thread: About paysites design.

Scorpio

About paysites design.

Designers - designeresses,

Have you noticed a chage in the paysite format people are looking for.
    You know, before it was the boxy 700x400, then went to the magazine style, then the reality style... but now i see more people wanting a more "general - business" kind of layout.

Some even a mix between regular paysites and business look. And quite frankly, it's more appealing to me. Get easily tired of having to design in a box.

What do you think? did you feel it as well

I don't think I've been doing this long enough to determine a trend yet, but I do see my clients asking for something different and not looking like the cookie cutter tours ... and requests seem to be moving away from the 3-4 page tour, it's more of a one long page "reality type" or a tour that uses tables with a lot of keyword heavy text, with the amount of pages varying from 1 or 2 into 5 or 6 before hitting the join... and yes, they are more of a standard 3 or 4 column biz type layout instead of the boxy full screen of images and text applied as an image.

Scorpio
    I used to hate reality site designs and things with tables... now i think they're my favorite things to do

Yea, they're really a lot faster and cleaner to design - less heavy overall too and you don't have so much crap to clean up so you can overlay images and then deal with the slicing and dicing.

Dzinerbear
    I'm finding that everything coming out now is looking like Boys First Time, one large movie thumbnail, 3-4 small thumbnails.

Things sure get old fast in this business.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear

Scorpio
    Originally posted by Dzinerbear
    I'm finding that everything coming out now is looking like Boys First Time, one large movie thumbnail, 3-4 small thumbnails.

Things sure get old fast in this business.

Cheers
    Dzinerbear
    yeah i agree.. and i'm sure it'll change pretty soon.