Thread: Affiliate Content Update Newsletters: What's Your Opinion

I Wonder? Affiliate Content Update Newsletters: What's Your Opinion

We spend a lot of time every month putting out affiliate newsletters with content updates on all 4 of our programs, and I am just not sure these are getting utilized as much as they should be. I would like to know your opinions!

Do you read affiliate content update newsletters?
    Do you use the content directly from newsletters or do you sign into the program affiliate area instead?
    Do you have any specific programs that you think do really great jobs of their newsletters?
    Do you have any tips or suggestions on how to make better newsletters?

TIA for your help
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

Affiliate Manager [ManPlay.com] ClickSniper's Avatar
    Great question Luke! Unfortunately, I can't contribute my feedback but hoping there will be some good replies to this one. We don't have a communication program in place currently, but I've been thinking a lot about putting one together on my own to send out to the affiliates I manage. Can't decide if it would be helpful or considered more spam... .
    Start Making Money Today: http://affiliate.sexsearch.com/?ref=69140
    jasonv@theinfinitynetwork.com | ICQ: 608300978
    ManPlay.com | XXXMatch.com | PassionSearch.com | SexSearch.com

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    i personally enjoy getting emails with the latest fhg's with my link codes already bucks factory does this and i just copy paste into tgp and crop them up and off to the next thing

i read your newsletters luke
    Dade Williams

I am unique, just like everybody else.
    I get your news letters Luke and do use them as well as like them better than having to sign into the affiliate area.

A few things:
    Your updates are not every week but rather include 2-4 updates for a program that may only go out once a month.
    The link codes in a few of the newsletters I have received did not work so I have to double check every one of your newsletter links. At least you offer them in the newsletter instead of having to sign in for the deep link like other letters do.
    I like very much the affiliate newsletters from Buddy Profits, Pride Bucks, Helix, My Gay cash although with Helix the zip download does not work unless you sign in first.

IMO - a better newsletter is like the rainbow unicorn with a 12 inch cock... it doesn't exist. Every affiliate is going want something different and you will never make ALL of us happy short of doing all the work for us and sending big checks every week. It's cool that at least you ask and read & comment on our suggestions.

No no i'm really handsome, all the lesbians love me.
    I would have liked to read more replies, as I'm also curious about this.
    From the two people giving feedback, it seems to be workflow centric.
    They want to be able to USE the newsletter do something - copy and paste working links.

It might be interesting to think of what you want people to DO in response to your newsletters and step through that work flow. Minimize the steps required, then include a call to action:

Paste this into your link script now:
    --
    Ray B. Morris
    support@bettercgi.com

Strongbox - The next generation in site security:
    http://www.bettercgi.com/strongbox/

Throttlebox - Next generation in intelligent bandwidth control
    http://www.bettercgi.com/throttlebox/

Clonebox - Next generation disaster prevention
    http://www.bettercgi.com/clonebox/

Affiliate program:
    http://www.bettercgi.com/affiliates/user/register.php

They have computers, and they may have other weapons of mass destruction x0pa's Avatar
    you make some great points raymor
    Dade Williams

I do two primary things with newsletters.

1.Make a note of any new site launches so I can try to blog about them within 24 hours or so.

2. If the sponsor doesn't have an RSS feed, then I'll hit their links for the zip files. Otherwise, I am copying and pasting MY RSS coded feed link directly from the newsletter to my Blogs Organizer.

does anyone make mgp's? if provided 3-4 1min clips to create them?

how about tube clips if a zip of a tube clip was provided in the newsletter would you grab it and upload or throw it in your work queue ?
    Dade Williams

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I love your newsletters Luke.
    I get them all of the time, on time.

When it comes to newsletters / affiliate updates on blogs. All I really care about is:
    Good pictures (wide, not tall) - about 10 of them because I will only use about 5.
    My deep linking affiliate URL / URL to the site.
    Description of the update, model names of the update.

That's really all that I want Your newsletters are great for us wanting just that